Similar words: harbor, harbour, yearbook, pearl, pearlescent, carbon, philharmonic, carbohydrate. Meaning: n. a harbor on Oahu west of Honolulu; location of a United States naval base that was attacked by the Japanese on 7 Dec 1941.
Random good picture Not show
1. Franklin D. Roosevelt described the bombing of Pearl Harbor in 1947 as 'a day that will live in infamy'.
2. Pearl Harbor was the principal American bastion in the Pacific.
3. After Pearl Harbor, U.S. neutrality ended.
4. In December Pearl Harbor brought a new urgency to the task of converting the economy into a vast war machine.
5. Pearl Harbor had impressed on us the importance of protecting ships against torpedo attacks, even in home waters.
6. He himself, by the surprise carrier strike on Pearl Harbor, had set an example which the enemy might follow.
7. Pearl Harbor incident is early had made the history.
8. The attack on Pearl Harbor was a crushing calamity.
9. The Pearl Harbor Incident was the conflict between Japan and America but had great influence on china which ended the situation that China fought against Japan alone for several years.
10. From before Pearl Harbor to well past V-J Day, LIFE magazine published dozens of issues featuring WWII-themed covers.
11. For Americans Pearl Harbor was the curtain raiser for World War II.
12. Pearl Harbor, located on the south coast of Oahu , is only about 10 miles away from Honolulu.
13. The Pearl Harbor incident is the most painful scene in World War II.
14. Pearl Harbor and vicinity had been turned into complete chaos.
15. From the Battle of Britain to Pearl Harbor, Blazing Angels is a WWII action game from Ubisoft where you grow from a rookie to a battle-scarred ace.
15. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
16. A British battleship, which had been damaged severely in the battle of Crete, came limping into Pearl Harbor.
17. Fibreglass mock-ups were built to provide the large numbers of aircraft which lined the numerous military bases across Pearl Harbor.
18. Veering right toward the west coast of the island, we could see that the sky over Pearl Harbor was clear.
19. I was in a movie theater when I heard the news about Pearl Harbor.
20. We immediately began laying plans for subsequent operations to achieve what we had been unable to accomplish at Pearl Harbor.
21. Here was the genesis of the surprise assault on Pearl Harbor.
22. Finally, in 1941, the Japanese bombed the United States Navy at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
23. Captain Rockwell Torrey and Commander Paul Eddington are part of the Navys effort to recuperate from, and retaliate for, the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
24. The United States entered the war in December of nineteen forty-one after Japanese planes attacked the Navy base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. The surprise attack sank many ships.
25. Despite these hardships, the U. S. government established a military theater of operations in China soon after Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor brought America into the war.
26. The only force able to interfere with a Japanese drive into the East Indies? The U.S. Pacific fleet at Pearl Harbor.
27. I also DO remember finding out that those houses were built on the old flight line during the Pearl Harbor attack.It had been set up as a temporary morgue during that period.
28. Absent a viable aerial torpedo capability, dive bombing remained the primary option for sinking enemy warships until nearly two years after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
29. The readings you heard earlier were excerpted from a new oral history of Pearl Harbor.
30. All these events were moments that changed history. And so it was, too, with the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on December seventh, nineteen forty-one.
More similar words: harbor, harbour, yearbook, pearl, pearlescent, carbon, philharmonic, carbohydrate, harlot, near by, nearby, Charlie, harbinger, early, nearly, charlatan, harlequin, pear, clearly, earlier, not nearly, yearling, spear, early bird, appear, early warning, disappear, spearhead, appearance, shakespeare.