Synonym: look, seem. Antonym: disappear, vanish. Similar words: disappear, appeal, appeal to, happen, happen to, year after year, upper, pepper. Meaning: [ə'pɪə] v. 1. give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect 2. come into sight or view 3. be issued or published 4. seem to be true, probable, or apparent 5. come into being or existence, or appear on the scene 6. appear as a character on stage or appear in a play, etc. 7. present oneself formally, as before a (judicial) authority.
Random good picture Not show
2. He refused to appear nude in the film.
3. You must try not to appear vulnerable.
4. Trust always can not stand test, appear so vulnerable.
5. The Democrats appear to have the election sewn up.
6. She will appear in court tomorrow.
7. Things often appear chaotic to the outsider.
8. Most Conservative MPs appear happy with the government's reassurances.
9. The runners and riders appear in Friday's Racing Post.
10. He will appear in the role of mediator.
11. They appear willing to talk to us.
12. She didn't appear at all surprised at the news.
13. The stars are not afraid to appear like fireflies.
14. He will appear before the magistrates tomorrow.
15. Talk of the devil and he will appear.
16. She did not want to appear unreasonable.
17. The parallel lines appear to diverge.
18. Ministers must appear before parliament and justify their actions.
19. It would appear that this was a major problem.
20. These newly-designed devices will not appear on the exhibition.
20. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
21. My book will appear in the shops next month.
22. Wish your Mr.Right/Miss Right will appear soon.
23. She tried not to appear envious.
24. those days when we were together appear in my mind time after time, because they were so joyful, happy, blest, disappointing, sad and painful.
25. Those days when we were together appear in my mind time after time, because they were so joyful, happy, blest, disappointing, sad and painful. I miss you ,and miss you so much. Do you know there is someone thinking of you and caring you all the time ? Your smiling eyes are just like the sparkling stars hanging on the curtain of my heart.
28. Wherever in the world a people knows desperate want, there must appear at least the spark of hope, the hope of progress--or there will surely rise at last the flames of conflict.
30. Norman's brain was reeling, but he did his best to appear calm.
More similar words: disappear, appeal, appeal to, happen, happen to, year after year, upper, pepper, peak, speak, peanut, speak up, at peace, peasant, speaker, speak for, European, apply, happy, apple, so to speak, to speak of, repeatedly, apply for, approve, happily, apply to, appoint, apparent, approval.