Synonym: commiseration, pity, poignancy, ruth. Similar words: bathos, pathogen, those, path, fathom, at home, spathe, apathy. Meaning: ['peɪθɑs /-θɒs] n. 1. a quality that arouses emotions (especially pity or sorrow) 2. a feeling of sympathy and sorrow for the misfortunes of others 3. a style that has the power to evoke feelings.
Random good picture Not show
1. The scene was full of pathos.
2. There's a pathos in his performance which he never lets slide into sentimentality.
3. The pathos of the situation brought tears to our eyes.
4. It creates an unbelievable pathos for Tithonus.
5. Pathos rules and Seth is just silly.
6. Nevertheless, Plenderleith injects genuine pathos into his tales that, on the whole, are affiliated to the great game.
7. The opera's mixture of comedy, pathos, and desire will break your heart.
8. Drenched in the pathos and the rhythms of the blues, this wonderful production is at once mournful and exuberant.
9. The pathos of Antoine's predicament is clearly articulated in this passage.
10. The concentrated pathos of her narration, and the clarity with which she conveys its crippling effects on Blanche, is breathtaking.
11. It was a venue of pathos and prayers, a wretched place for passengers concerned with their welfare.
12. There is pathos to be found in it in abundance, and images of love and great nobility of spirit.
13. Wounded loyalty and dignified pathos were her line on stage, although off-stage she grew increasingly self-assertive.
14. The longest story is so full of pathos that the joke lines elicit only sympathy, not laughter.
14. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress every day!
15. It is a highly accomplished drawing, full of pathos and the grief of the artist.
16. There is abundant pathos in her words.
17. What unutterable pathos was in his voice!
18. Moreover pathos is a tide.
19. With touching pathos he described the pangs of hunger.
20. An unsought pathos came hand in hand with awe.
21. He had hearty distaste for songs of pathos.
22. Its tone is rather of an obvious pathos.
23. An unsought pathos came hand in had with awe.
24. I know I should be kind and concerned and that I should at least feign pathos.
25. Some one who annoyed with her need for sympathy, who irritated with her shameless display of pathos.
26. But Phillips' gift is in deftly leavening bathos with pathos.
27. Literally, it is merely a bride's song of farewell(sentencedict.com), full of pathos and tenderness and deeply moving.
28. Bergman for once forgoes some of his more inaccessible leanings to tell a straight tale with great humour and pathos.
29. Adjani is unrivalled when it comes to expressing violent pain without lapsing into pathos.
30. You can't find an example of pain and suffering, compared to our Western art where pathos is everywhere.
More similar words: bathos, pathogen, those, path, fathom, at home, spathe, apathy, a thought, Catholic, marathon, empathy, pathetic, empathic, apathetic, allopathy, sympathy, empathise, antipathy, empathize, empathetic, idiopathic, pathetically, flight path, sympathize, sympathetic, unsympathetic, at home and abroad, host, whose.