Synonym: fickle, hesitating, indecisive, uncertain, unsure. Antonym: resolute. Similar words: resolute, resolution, absolute, dissolute, absolutely, solution, convoluted, absolutism. Meaning: [ɪ'rezəluːt] adj. uncertain how to act or proceed.
Random good picture Not show
(1) At a loss, Amiss stood there irresolute.
(2) He was old and somewhat irresolute and indecisive.
(3) According to him, Mr Major is irresolute, obsessed with his image, and shifts according to the latest opinion poll.
(4) She turned away from the door, stood irresolute outside the door of her own cabin.
(5) The room was empty except for Nigel, standing irresolute by the drinks tray.
(6) Lacking firmness of will, character, or purpose ; irresolute.
(7) He is never irresolute or inactive.
(8) Irresolute persons make poor victors.
(9) Being aimless and irresolute and hesitant is lamentable mentality.
(10) One must be decisive, not irresolute.
(11) The committee was timid and mediocre and irresolute.
(12) Irresolute persons make poor leaders.
(13) I stood irresolute beside my car.
(14) To be nervously irresolute in acting or doing.
(15) His opponents were too irresolute to call his bluff.
(16) The irresolute spend the most precious moments of life regretting.
(17) The manager is irresolute.
(18) To be irresolute when a prompt decision should be taken would only spell disaster. Sentencedict.com
(19) Presley was a confirmed dreamer, irresolute, inactive, with a strong tendency to melancholy.
(20) Because of his irresolute character, we were defeated at last.
(21) Instead of defending traditional values, the church frequently seems weak-kneed and irresolute.
(22) The worst reason to launch an attack would be a fear of seeming irresolute.
(23) The anticipation drained from her and for a moment she stood irresolute.
More similar words: resolute, resolution, absolute, dissolute, absolutely, solution, convoluted, absolutism, absolution, resolve, final solution, irrespective, irrespective of, lute, dilute, evolution, revolution, devolution, stirred up, desolate, soluble, irregular, irreverent, irrelevant, desolation, revolutionary, irrefutable, irreverence, irrevocably, irrevocable.