Synonym: barren, dismal, dreary, empty, gloomy, vacant, void. Antonym: cheerful, happy, joyful. Similar words: isolate, isolated, isolation, violate, percolate, chocolate, resolve, solar. Meaning: ['desələt] v. 1. leave someone who needs or counts on you; leave in the lurch 2. reduce in population 3. devastate or ravage. adj. 1. providing no shelter or sustenance 2. crushed by grief.
Random good picture Not show
1. The house stands desolate and empty.
2. The city was burnt to a desolate waste.
3. The house stood in a bleak and desolate landscape.
4. The house was desolate, ready to be torn down.
5. The little children were left desolate.
6. The world no matter how desolate,loved you 'll never have to be alone.
7. He looked as desolate as Ruth felt.
8. Her voice sounded a little desolate.
8. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
9. The land was left desolate.
10. The moors looked bleak and desolate in the rain.
11. We all felt absolutely desolate when she left.
12. He has been desolate since his wife died.
13. The town has a desolate visage.
14. She felt desolate when her closest friend moved away.
15. The landscape was quite desolate.
16. She was utterly desolate after losing her baby.
17. The desolate quietness was almost painful.
18. But downtown is desolate with empty storefronts.
19. Bouvet Island, desolate, inaccessible and almost entirely icebound.
20. He was desolate without her.
21. The little mining town was desolate and ugly.
22. My companions glanced around skeptically at the desolate location.
23. The bus station was similarly desolate, while the cinema, cultural centre(sentencedict.com), public baths and a hospital have closed.
24. To reach this desolate spot you set off at sun-up and head toward mountain ranges which scarcely ever get closer.
25. They are all angry, they are desolate, but they have made a rational decision not to be bitter.
26. In the heart of a grave, a smile will become desolate, a person crazy.
27. You just take me as a ferry, by the time I spent lonely desolate.
28. The thought that her husband did not want the baby made her feel utterly desolate.
29. I could hardly imagine living in such a remote and desolate spot.
30. She was on the verge of tears, relieved yet unbelievably desolate.
More similar words: isolate, isolated, isolation, violate, percolate, chocolate, resolve, solar, solace, resolution, solar system, volatile, violation, resonate, immolation, desperate, desperately, late, plate, slate, later, relate, lately, latent, related, emulate, regulate, translate, insulated, coagulate.