Synonym: empower, endow, place, provide, stake, venture. Antonym: divest. Similar words: investor, investment, investigate, investigator, investigation, direct investment, invent, invention. Meaning: [ɪn'vest] v. 1. make an investment 2. give qualities or abilities to 3. furnish with power or authority; of kings or emperors 4. provide with power and authority 5. place ceremoniously or formally in an office or position.
Random good picture Not show
1. The best time to invest is now.
2. The institute will invest 5 million in the project.
3. He doesn't invest in the arms industry on principle.
4. I have decided to invest in a new car.
5. They intend to invest directly in shares.
6. They are unwilling to invest any more money in the project.
7. France and Germany invest far more per capita in public transport than Britain.
8. Now is a good time to invest in the property market.
8. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
9. Jim's father wanted to invest his own father's fortune in the business, which unluckily went by the board.
10. The state has planned to invest two millions in the dam.
11. It's very short-sighted of the government not to invest in technological research.
12. They had the foresight to invest in new technology.
13. I decided to invest in some government bonds.
14. We can invest your money tax - free abroad.
15. It would be hazardous to invest so much.
16. The company will invest $1.6m overall in new equipment.
17. People rushed like lemmings to invest in the company.
18. They intended to invest hugely in new technology.
19. The company wants to invest in new distribution facilities.
20. We invest broadly to lessen the risk.
21. Business is booming and foreigners are scrambling to invest.
22. The factory plans to invest in new computers.
23. It pays to invest in protective clothing.
24. We should, in brief, invest heavily in digital systems.
25. Invest your money wisely through Home Counties Savings Trust.
26. if the government doesn't invest more in this service.
27. Frankly speaking, I don't think it any good to invest in real estate.
28. People put up their homes as collateral in order to raise the money to invest in the scheme.
29. I've got a few thousand dollars I'm looking to invest.
30. Tax incentives have been very effective in encouraging people to save and invest more of their income.
More similar words: investor, investment, investigate, investigator, investigation, direct investment, invent, invention, inventory, harvest, inveterate, vessel, themselves, convey, invade, in vain, invoke, convert, involve, envelope, invasion, involved, in view of, conversion, convention, invitation, convenience, involvement, conventional, conversation.