Synonym: appease, calm, mollify, placate, quiet, soothe, tranquilize. Similar words: specify, specific, pace, pack, specifically, space, pack up, impact. Meaning: ['pæsɪfaɪ] v. 1. cause to be more favorably inclined; gain the good will of 2. fight violence and try to establish peace in (a location).
Random good picture Not show
1. No words availed to pacify him.
2. 'You're right,' Rita said, in order to pacify him.
3. Try to pacify the child, he's been crying for hours.
4. More troops were needed to pacify the area.
5. He tried to pacify the mob.
6. The announcement was designed to pacify the irate crowd.
7. He tried to pacify his creditors by repaying part of the money.
7. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
8. Economic reforms are needed to pacify and modernize the country.
9. It was difficult for the police to pacify the angry crowd.
10. In spite of my efforts to pacify it the baby continued to cry / continued crying.
11. Government forces have found it difficult to pacify the rebels.
12. They had to use drugs to pacify him.
13. It was no use trying to pacify him; he was simply too upset.
14. But it will also be needed to pacify old adversaries, and to prevent small crises from becoming big ones.
15. Although a number of concessions helped pacify minority nationalists, the most militant remained unreconciled.
16. But the expulsion did not pacify the Tory civil war, as the contenders traded recriminations.
17. By August the government was trying to pacify protest by undertaking to summon an elected consultative assembly.
18. He filled the pipes that pacify the troubled, loaded the needles that puncture anxiety bubbles.
19. Pacify possibly to know Tom's address.
20. More troops were sent to pacify the area.
21. The main products pacifier pacify, pacifiers and other animals.
22. A UN force has been sent in to try and pacify the area worst affected by the civil war.
23. Liberal democracy, private life, civil rights and interest groups are all simply ideological constructs designed to pacify and mislead.
24. Also, this form of poverty control and management is most susceptible to applications intended to pacify potentially disorderly groups.
25. The realization came as a shock and she pressed her clenched fist to her heart as if to pacify it.
26. As I drove home, I tried to think how I was going to pacify my wife, who was sure to be angry.
27. They will be met with measures that no longer seek to pacify but only to contain.
28. Lay my head on the railroad line, Train come along, pacify my mind.
29. Some critics question its sustainability and others view it as a sop to pacify the poor.
30. Also notice that how the mind is unable to pacify itself.