Synonym: courage, grain, grate, gravel, grind, pluck, rub, sand, stamina. Similar words: integrity, nitty-gritty, grip, grim, grin, grief, grind, grieve. Meaning: [grɪt] n. 1. a hard coarse-grained siliceous sandstone 2. fortitude and determination. v. 1. cover with a grit 2. clench together.
Random good picture Not show
1. A bit of grit had got into my eye.
2. The road had been covered with grit.
3. The soldiers showed that they had plenty of grit.
4. I've got some grit in my shoe.
5. I had a piece of grit in my eye.
6. I've got a piece of grit in my eye.
7. I've got some grit / a piece of grit in my shoe.
8. They were spreading grit and salt on the icy roads.
9. He felt tiny bits of grit and sand peppering his knees.
10. The grit beneath her soles grated harshly on the wooden deck.
11. Brilliant teamwork and old fashioned grit got the team a last minute point.
12. Mountaineering in a blizzard needs a lot of grit.
13. Grit from the highway made him cough.
14. You've got to admire her grit.
15. Don't give in yet. You have more grit than that.
16. I've got some 〔 a piece of 〕 grit in my shoe.
17. Just grit your teeth and hang on - it'll be over soon.
18. We had to grit our teeth and agree with their conditions because we wanted the contract.
19. The council is responsible for putting grit on icy roads.
20. The tyres dug into the grit as he swung the car off the road.
21. The team showed their true grit and played a magnificent game.
22. It takes sheer grit to stand up to a bully like that.
23. When things get difficult, you just have to grit your teeth and persevere.
24. Dust,[Sentencedict.com ] sand and grit get into the sewers.
25. As the lorry went past, I got an eyeful of grit.
26. Make sure both surfaces are free from dust and grit.
27. The shell exploded, sending a fountain of sand and grit into the air.
28. Tap water also contains varying amounts of rust and grit.
29. There is going to be hardship, but we have to grit our teeth and get on with it.
30. When I was a boy, I was forced to have a cold shower every morning. I hated it but I just had to grit my teeth and do it.
More similar words: integrity, nitty-gritty, grip, grim, grin, grief, grind, grieve, grimly, grimace, pilgrim, grizzly, angrily, chagrin, grievous, grimness, grim reaper, grievance, aggrieved, come to grief, pilgrimage, agriculture, agribusiness, agricultural, rite, write, merit, writhe, trite, briton.