Synonym: effective, effectively, good, in effect, in force. Similar words: effect, take effect, effectively, effectiveness, the greenhouse effect, affect, infection, benefit. Meaning: adj. exerting force or influence. adv. in actuality or reality or fact.
Random good picture Not show
1. The rule is still in effect.
2. The Congress of People's Deputies in effect voted itself out of existence.
3. The two systems are, in effect, identical.
4. Some ancient laws are still in effect.
5. These laws are in effect in twenty states.
6. The old system is still in effect.
7. He is, in effect, my rival.
8. His reply is in effect an apology.
9. In effect, modernizing societies are portrayed as battlegrounds.
10. In effect, the two systems are identical.
11. So in effect the government have lowered taxes for the rich and raised them for the poor.
12. His wife had, in effect, run the government for the past six months.
13. In effect, Parsons presents us with a beguilingly simple outline of social evolution.
14. That deal would create, in effect, the world's biggest airline.
14. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
15. The government was still in effect a ragbag of Social Democrats and Liberals.
16. By asking for these particular qualifications, you are, in effect, excluding most women from applying.
17. In effect, we'll be earning less than we were last year.
18. In effect, growth is contingent on improved incomes for the mass of the low-income population.
19. Even though he has in effect been sacked, he will trouser a ￡150,000 bonus.
20. The border closure meant, in effect, that no trade took place between the countries.
21. The decision was taken yesterday and will remain in effect until further government instructions.
22. Some laws from the eighteenth century are still in effect.
23. In effect they tried to ban laughter.
24. We had, in effect, written a post-dated cheque.
25. These in effect were stations on the caravan line.
26. This, in effect, is a tax cut for banks.
27. Working on what in effect was virgin territory for customs officers our crews produced fantastic results in the earlier days.
28. The Supreme Court left that ruling in effect by refusing to consider an appeal from the state of Texas.
29. For when he had carried the consulship for a friend of his, against the pursuit of Sylla, and that Sylla did a little resent thereat, and began to speak great, Pompey turned upon him again, and in effect bade him be quiet.
30. Their strategy is expansionist and im-perialist, and it is greatest in effect, of course, when there is no countervailing power.
More similar words: effect, take effect, effectively, effectiveness, the greenhouse effect, affect, infection, benefit, benefit from, effort, efficacy, efficient, offer, efficiency, offense, differ, offender, offering, offensive, different, difference, differ from, decaffeinated, fine, pine, line, make a difference, spine, routine, divine.