Synonym: arrangement, boundary, brand, confine, cord, dash, edge, kind, limit, make, mark, rope, row, sequence, series, sort, streak, string, stripe, stroke, type, wire. Similar words: online, line up, outline, in line, decline, airline, headline, deadline. Meaning: [laɪn] n. 1. a formation of people or things one beside another 2. a mark that is long relative to its width 3. a formation of people or things one behind another 4. a length (straight or curved) without breadth or thickness; the trace of a moving point 5. text consisting of a row of words written across a page or computer screen 6. a single frequency (or very narrow band) of radiation in a spectrum 7. a fortified position (especially one marking the most forward position of troops) 8. the methodical process of logical reasoning 9. a conductor for transmitting electrical or optical signals or electric power 10. a connected series of events or actions or developments 11. a spatial location defined by a real or imaginary unidimensional extent 12. a slight depression in the smoothness of a surface 13. a pipe used to transport liquids or gases 14. the road consisting of railroad track and roadbed 15. a telephone connection 16. acting in conformity 17. the descendants of one individual 18. something (as a cord or rope) that is long and thin and flexible 19. the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money 20. in games or sports; a mark indicating positions or bounds of the playing area 21. (often plural) a means of communication or access 22. a particular kind of product or merchandise 23. a commercial organization serving as a common carrier 24. space for one line of print (one column wide and 1/14 inch deep) used to measure advertising 25. the maximum credit that a customer is allowed 26. a succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence 27. a short personal letter 28. a conceptual separation or distinction 29. mechanical system in a factory whereby an article is conveyed through sites at which successive operations are performed on it. v. 1. be in line with; form a line along 2. cover the interior of 3. make a mark or lines on a surface 4. mark with lines 5. fill plentifully 6. reinforce with fabric.
Random good picture Not show
3. The line AB intersects the line CD at E.
4. My line of work is entirely unrelated to politics.
5. The line shuffled forward a little.
6. The railway line will soon reach to our town.
7. The bottom line is that recycling isn't profitable.
8. The engine pulled a long line of freight cars.
9. This is a really bad line.
10. Her stare was malevolent, her mouth a thin line.
11. Start each paragraph on a new line.
12. The left wing,having deployed into line,began to advance.
13. Would you like to stay on the line?
14. Thoughts of you Be like kite segment the line.
15. The enemy is surrendering all along the line.
16. The clothes line is pulled taut and secured.
17. Theoretically, a line can extend into infinity.
18. You must measure the length by rule and line.
19. Draw a line with a ruler.
20. Please line up one after another.
21. Fold the paper along the dotted line.
22. She does line dancing and yoga in the evenings.
23. The sheets were aired on the line.
24. We charged and the enemy's front line fell back.
25. Each paragraph begins on a new line.
26. The train chugged steadily along the West Highland Line.
27. The bottom line is that it's not profitable.
28. Draw a line joining all the crosses.
29. You can change to the JR Line at Shinjuk.
30. Grey sheets flapped on the clothes line.