Synonym: cleanse, drain, percolate, purify, refine, screen, separate, sift, strain. Similar words: filtering, alter, shelter, alternative, fail to, built up, svelte, file. Meaning: ['fɪltə(r)] n. 1. device that removes something from whatever passes through it 2. an electrical device that alters the frequency spectrum of signals passing through it. v. 1. remove by passing through a filter 2. pass through 3. run or flow slowly, as in drops or in an unsteady stream.
Random good picture Not show
1. Filter out all the dirt before using the water.
2. Children should have glasses which filter out UV rays.
3. You need to filter the drinking water.
4. I took this picture with a red filter.
5. Dustbags act as a filter and suction will be reduced if they are too full.
6. You filter the coffee through this special paper and it takes out the bitterness.
7. The lake water passes through a filter before it is piped to our homes.
8. This congealed muck was interfering with the filter.
9. Use a sun cream to filter out ultraviolet rays.
10. Foreign influence began to filter into the country.
11. You can filter out spam with special software.
12. The camera has an anti-glare filter.
13. Charcoal is used to filter water.
14. A filter will remove most impurities found in water.
15. Reports about an accident began to filter in.
16. A filter traps dust from the air.
17. The news of the defeat started to filter through.
18. Ozone is the earth's primary filter for ultraviolet radiation.
19. Net users can filter out unwanted emails with software.
20. The foam operates as a very effective filter.
21. She slotted in a fresh filter.
22. It won't take long to filter the coffee.
23. Chattering noisily, the crowd began to filter into the auditorium.
24. Put the coffee in the filter and let the water run through.
25. The test is used to filter out candidates who may be unsuitable.
25. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
26. You might use a yellow filter to improve the clarity of a hazy horizon.
27. It took months before the findings began to filter through to the politicians.
28. Plants and trees filter carbon dioxide out of the air and produce oxygen.
29. She gathered loose soil and let it filter slowly through her fingers.
30. If you must be in the sunlight, use the strongest filter cream you can get.