1. Don’t throw out the baby with the bath water
2. Beware of a silent dog and still water
3. In water
you may see your own face; in wine, the heart of another.
4. Fire and water
have no mercy.
5. The water
that bears the boat is the same that swallows it up.
6. Where the water
is shallow, no vessel will ride.
7. Much water
runs by the mill that the miller knows not of.
8. You can take a horse to the water
, but you cannot make him drink.
9. A scalded dog thinks cold water
10. A mill cannot grind with the water
that is past.
11. You can lead a horse to water
, but you can't make it drink.
12. The mill cannot grind with the water
that is past.
13. Dip him in the river who loves water
14. Too much water
drowned the miller.
15. Fire and water
are good servants, but bad masters.
16. No safe wading in an unknown water
17. We never know the worth (or value) of water
till the well is dry.
18. Where there are reeds, there is water
19. The more the well is used, the more water
20. The scalded cat fears cold water
21. The scalded dog fears cold water
22. Don't cast out the foul water
till you bring in the clean.
23. A great ship asks deep water
24. The sea complains it wants water
dropping day by day wears the hardest rock away.
26. We never know the worth of water
till the well is dry. Thomas Fuller
27. Public money is like holy water
, every one helps himself to it.
28. Don't throw out your dirty water
before you get in fresh.
29. Have no doubts because of trouble nor be thou discomtited; for the water
of life's fountain springeth from a gloom bed.
30. There is a moment in every battle at which the least maneuver is decisive and gives superiority as one drop of water