Synonym: character, communication, dispatch, message, note, symbol. Similar words: get the better of, better, cigarette, mutter, matter, latter, battery, pattern. Meaning: ['letə(r)] n. 1. a written message addressed to a person or organization 2. the conventional characters of the alphabet used to represent speech 3. a strictly literal interpretation (as distinct from the intention) 4. an award earned by participation in a school sport 5. owner who lets another person use something (housing usually) for hire. v. 1. win an athletic letter 2. set down or print with letters 3. mark letters on or mark with letters.
Random good picture Not show
3. We are sorry for not answering your letter sooner.
4. I've had no response to my letter.
5. There's a letter for you from your mother.
6. The letter is ready for the post.
7. I consigned her letter to the waste basket.
8. You will be notified by letter.
9. You should apply in person / by letter.
10. Her heart beat violently when she received the letter.
11. She thrust a letter into my hand.
12. Your letter is duly to hand.
13. Keep your letter succinct and to the point.
14. Make sure the letter is properly addressed.
14. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and build good sentences.
15. I must post this letter; it's urgent.
16. He gave in to curiosity and opened my letter.
17. We regret to learn from your letter that...
18. His letter was completely without punctuation.
19. I told her to send the letter by airmail.
20. There's no date on this letter.
21. I hope this letter reaches you.
22. I got a letter from my sister this morning.
23. I wonder who that letter was from.
24. I definitely remember sending the letter.
25. We were astounded to read your letter.
26. Perhaps the letter will come today.
27. I received a letter from him in neat script.
28. She tore up the letter and started afresh.
29. He gasped out when he read the letter.
30. She frowned as she read the letter.
More similar words: get the better of, better, cigarette, mutter, matter, latter, battery, pattern, scatter, butterfly, no matter, a matter of, short-term, as a matter of fact, settle, get together, setting, settle for, vendetta, get through, settle down, unsettling, settlement, attend, attend to, committee, attention, attendance, pay attention to, term.