Similar words: tranquility, jonquil, illiterate, gullibility, banquet, quilt, inquiry, enquire. Meaning: [træŋ'kwɪlətɪ] n. 1. an untroubled state; free from disturbances 2. a state of peace and quiet 3. a disposition free from stress or emotion.
Random good picture Not show
1. I love the tranquillity of the countryside.
2. The hotel is a haven of peace and tranquillity.
3. He enjoyed the tranquillity of village life.
4. The island is a haven of peace and tranquillity.
5. The house retains its air of tranquillity and graciousness.
6. The family had lived in peace and tranquillity before the unfortunate traffic accident.
7. Wordsworth defined poetry as strong emotion recollected in tranquillity.
8. An oasis of tranquillity with dramatically spectacular views.
9. From those two virtues derive the tranquillity, comfort, and content of domesticity.
10. Our companions in this journey should be mirth, tranquillity and enthusiasm and we will never be bored.
11. Much refreshed, and afloat in the deep tranquillity of calm after storm, Rainbow returns to her aunt's hotel.
12. The valleys are absolute tranquillity and it is no wonder that writers and poets have found inspiration here for many years.
13. She gazed down at the London horizon, its tranquillity pierced by hulks of office buildings.
14. Receive in tranquillity and peace, Lord, the souls of all your departed servants who have died recently.
15. My value for domestic tranquillity should much exceed theirs.
16. But the tranquillity was illusory.
17. In the middle of the city, this garden is a haven of tranquillity.
18. The disturbance and fear men with guns cause spoils the tranquillity of wild lonely places for both birds and bird watchers.
19. But this was outside the police remit, and meanwhile, they had to be careful not to jeopardise public tranquillity.
20. During the political unrest of Edward II's reign, Eastry sought to restore tranquillity to the realm.Sentencedict.com
21. Wharfe is a quiet little community that offers no inducements to passersby to disturb its tranquillity.
22. The cure lies in identifying the disturbed relationship, making such reparation as seems appropriate, and so restoring peace and tranquillity.
23. The scents of its rare grasses and reeds drift gently on the wind bringing calm and tranquillity to its banks.
24. It is kept very warm - a real relief from the biting cold outside - and suffuses a strong feeling of tranquillity.
25. The room seemed to tremble and grow larger again, and the air to settle back into tranquillity.
26. It was like listening to a jazz history lesson but not recollected in tranquillity, rather the opposite.
27. In spite of her inner turmoil she felt the pull of the tranquillity of the place.
28. Today Pine Gap looks like an advance moon colony in the Sea of Tranquillity.
29. Outside the rain pattered lightly on the window, and in the room there was a great sense of tranquillity.
30. For this is not a journey of peace and tranquillity but a struggle requiring constant effort and application.
More similar words: tranquility, jonquil, illiterate, gullibility, banquet, quilt, inquiry, enquire, inquisitor, relinquish, inquire about, inquisition, inquisitive, equilibrium, equilateral, villi, relinquishment, fillip, fill in, fall ill, illicit, milling, billion, million, in quantity, billiard, millions, illiberal, brilliant, willingly.