Synonym: cover, defend, guard, harbor, hide, protect, screen, shield. Similar words: svelte, alter, filter, filtering, alternative, helicopter, melt, belt. Meaning: ['ʃeltə(r)] n. 1. a structure that provides privacy and protection from danger 2. protective covering that provides protection from the weather 3. the condition of being protected 4. a way of organizing business to reduce the taxes it must pay on current earnings 5. temporary housing for homeless or displaced persons. v. 1. provide shelter for 2. invest (money) so that it is not taxable.
Random good picture Not show
1. Knowledge is a comfortable and necessary retreat and shelter for us in an advanced age; and if we do not plant it when young, it will give us no shade when we grow old.
2. They built a primitive shelter out of tree trunks.
3. Human beings need food, clothing and shelter.
4. They took refuge in a bomb shelter.
5. Provision of shelter was their main concern.
6. They were anxious to find shelter for the night.
7. They are in desperate need of food and shelter.
8. The shelter is a brick construction.
9. They found shelter from the storm in a barn.
10. We took shelter from the rain in a cave.
11. They constructed a shelter out of fallen branches.
12. He sought shelter from the rain.
13. He stood in the shelter at the bus stop.
14. They sought in vain for somewhere to shelter.
15. The refugees' main requirements are food and shelter.
16. Their immediate need is for food,[sentencedict.com/shelter.html] clothing and shelter.
17. The great elm trees gave shelter from the wind.
18. The bomb shelter has concrete walls that are three metres thick.
19. They opened a shelter to provide temporary housing for the city's homeless.
20. They huddled in the shop doorway to shelter from the rain.
21. You can't shelter the children from the real life forever.
22. Trees are a shelter from the sun.
23. We had to leave the shelter of the trees.
24. We used branches and leaves to form a shelter.
25. We took shelter from the storm in a barn.
26. They were driven to the hut for shelter.
27. They befriended the young girl, providing her with food and shelter.
28. I have passed your heart.not I don't want to stay.but you would not shelter.
29. The door enables us to shut the birds in the shelter in bad weather.
30. That big tree on the bank of the river might afford us shelter from the rain.
More similar words: svelte, alter, filter, filtering, alternative, helicopter, melt, belt, shelf, shell, help, hello, helmet, helpful, cannot help, and the like, nonetheless, to the life, overwhelm, in the least, to the limit, take the lead, in the long run, The last rites, nevertheless, not in the least, with the help of, overwhelming, outer, term.