Synonym: abnormal, irregular, odd, peculiar, queer, unusual. Antonym: common, general, normal, ordinary. Similar words: egocentric, accent, intricate, accentuate, central, concentrate, concentrating, concentrate on. Meaning: [ɪk'sentrɪk] n. 1. a person with an unusual or odd personality 2. a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities). adj. 1. conspicuously or grossly unconventional or unusual 2. not having a common center; not concentric.
Random good picture Not show
1. My mother's a bit of an eccentric.
2. Mercury's orbit is fairly eccentric.
3. His eccentric behaviour lost him his job.
4. The old lady has some eccentric habits.
5. The old lady was getting very eccentric.
6. He is an eccentric character who likes wearing a beret and dark glasses.
7. The book includes a range of memorably eccentric characters.
8. Most people considered him a harmless eccentric.
9. Her fey charm and eccentric ways were legendary.
10. Lewis was aggressive, eccentric, moody, and brilliantly clever.
11. We were definitely regarded as eccentric.
11. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and make good sentences.
12. His methods were unorthodox, and his lifestyle eccentric.
13. Geniuses are supposed to be eccentric and hopelessly impractical.
14. Aunt Nessy was always a bit eccentric.
15. Aunt Matilda was something of an eccentric.
16. Edith was widely regarded as eccentric.
17. I was regarded as something of an eccentric.
18. She is so eccentric that she is regarded as a bit of a curiosity.
19. He gave us character sketches of all his eccentric relations.
20. His reputation as an eccentric is largely a media construct.
21. Mars,(sentencedict.com) Venus and the other planets move in eccentric orbits.
22. "He's a bit of an eccentric old fatty," Thomas thought, unkindly.
23. He has an uncommunicative and eccentric disposition, and always stands aloof from anyone else.
24. His actions since that morning have been eccentric and unpredictable.
25. Many of Dr. Brook's colleagues consider him an eccentric.
26. He wondered how could he remember such eccentric fragments?
27. There is one curious omission in Miles's eccentric thinking.
28. She gives the impression of being rather conventional, but under the surface she is wildly eccentric.
29. On first impressions it would be easy to dismiss Duke as an eccentric.
30. It's easy to write him off as just an eccentric old bore.
More similar words: egocentric, accent, intricate, accentuate, central, concentrate, concentrating, concentrate on, concentration, trick, strict, triceps, restrict, strictly, district, electric, contrite, intrigue, intrinsic, intrigued, contribute, electrical, contributor, restriction, electricity, contribution, contribute to, thermoelectric, Cent., scent.