Synonym: abide, accept, allow, bear, endure, permit, stand, suffer. Similar words: tolerance, accelerate, operate, desperate, moderate, generate, cooperate, desperately. Meaning: ['tɑləreɪt /'tɒl-] v. 1. put up with something or somebody unpleasant 2. recognize and respect (rights and beliefs of others) 3. have a tolerance for a poison or strong drug or pathogen 4. allow the presence of or allow (an activity) without opposing or prohibiting.
Random good picture Not show
1. I will not tolerate such gross interference.
2. The teacher cannot tolerate eating on the class.
3. We don't tolerate smoking in the library.
4. I won't tolerate such behaviour/your behaving in this way.
5. I can' t tolerate your bad manners any longer.
6. She refused to tolerate being called a liar.
7. I cannot tolerate your carelessness.
8. You have destroyed my ability to tolerate idiots.
9. She can no longer tolerate the position that she's in.
10. The president announced that the country would not tolerate foreign aggression.
11. The harass-ment had become too much to tolerate and he decided to move out.
12. We simply will not tolerate vigilante groups on our streets.
13. The Party does not tolerate dissenters in its ranks.
14. The body cannot tolerate such large amounts of radiation.
15. I will not tolerate this behaviour.
16. I can't tolerate that rude fellow.
17. I will not tolerate your incompetence any longer!
18. Women's bodies can tolerate less alcohol than men's.
19. How can you tolerate that awful woman?
20. Lying is something that I will not tolerate.
21. She can tolerate that rude fellow.
22. He does not tolerate anyone who mucks him about.
23. I couldn't tolerate the long hours.
24. I don't know how you tolerate that noise!
25. As a journalist you simply cannot tolerate inaccuracy.
26. Few plants will tolerate sudden changes in temperature.
27. We have to tolerate each other's little foibles.
28. How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged,(sentencedict .com) sympathetic with the striving and tolerate of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of this.
29. The fundamental dilemma remains: in a tolerant society, should we tolerate intolerance?
30. The new teacher has a reputation for firmness and is unlikely to tolerate misbehaviour.
More similar words: tolerance, accelerate, operate, desperate, moderate, generate, cooperate, desperately, inveterate, deliberately, cooperate with, operator, operating, operation, rate, cooperative, AND operation, refrigerator, consideration, generation gap, strategy, accurate, at any rate, decorate, integrate, strategic, elaborate, corporate, frustrate, accurately.