Synonym: agent, delegate, representative. Similar words: on duty, keep up, step up, republic, Republican, keep up with, deploy, depart. Meaning: ['depjʊtɪ] n. 1. someone authorized to exercise the powers of sheriff in emergencies 2. an assistant with power to act when his superior is absent 3. a member of the lower chamber of a legislative assembly (such as in France) 4. a person appointed to represent or act on behalf of others.
Random good picture Not show
(1) By convention the deputy leader is always a woman.
(2) I'd like you to meet Ann Gregory, my deputy.
(3) I delegated my responsibilities to my deputy.
(4) He delegated his responsibilities to a deputy.
(5) A new deputy has not yet been appointed.
(6) The head teacher's deputy assists with many of his duties.
(7) Our deputy manager is the virtual head of the business.
(8) John will be my deputy while I am on holiday.
(9) His deputy replaced him as leader.
(10) I'm acting as deputy till the headmaster returns.
(11) I'm acting as deputy till the manager returns.
(12) He has been elevated to deputy manager.
(13) The deputy headmaster was taking school assembly that day.
(14) He found himself opposed by his own deputy.
(15) She is the deputy headmistress of the school.
(16) She's been downgraded to deputy.
(17) He is standing in the deputy leadership election.
(18) She's deputy of a large North London school.
(19) He was appointed deputy head of the school.
(20) I'm acting as deputy while the boss is away.
(21) Who has she designated her deputy? Sentencedict.com
(22) The deputy state fire marshal led the arson investigation.
(23) She has been promoted from deputy manager to senior manager.
(24) The deputy leader is cautious about loosening the links with the unions.
(25) The Premier deputed the Foreign Minister to act as his deputy.
(26) When the company president is ill[sentencedict.com],most of his work will devolve onhis deputy.
(27) The manager was unable to attend but sent his deputy as a substitute.
(28) She's the nominal head of our college - the real work is done by her deputy.
(29) He had been widely tipped to get the new post of deputy director.
(30) The party leader is an extreme left-winger, but her deputy is more moderate in her views.
More similar words: on duty, keep up, step up, republic, Republican, keep up with, deploy, depart, depict, put, deposit, put up, put to, put in, put off, put on, put out, input, output, departure, depressed, dependent, depending, put away, put down, depart from, depression, computer, dispute, put aside.