Synonym: burnish, develop, enlarge, flourish, furbish, gain, glaze, grow, heighten, increase, intensify, polish, rise, shine, sprout, swell. Similar words: waxing. Meaning: [wæks] n. any of various substances of either mineral origin or plant or animal origin; they are solid at normal temperatures and insoluble in water. v. 1. cover with wax 2. go up or advance 3. increase in phase.
Random good picture Not show
1. The leather has been treated with wax.
2. He's modelled a unicorn in wax.
3. I need a wax candle now.
4. Wax polish preserves wood and leather.
5. You should put some wax on those boots.
6. Journalists wax lyrical about the band.
7. She watched the wax as it dripped down the side of the candle.
8. A candle gutters when the melted wax runs down its sides.
9. Rub the wax in to make the shoe waterproof .
10. The wax from the two candles fused as they burned.
11. The candle guttered out when the melted wax ran down its sides.
12. Sun removes the oil and wax[sentencedict.com], leaving the leather prone to cracking.
13. Silkworm die silk, wax torch party ash into tears beginning to dry.
14. She could go shopping, and wax her legs.
15. The wax began to run.
16. Clay and wax are plastic substances.
17. Candles are made from wax.
18. It was recorded on a wax cylinder.
19. The wooden panelling was gleaming with wax polish.
20. I wax my boots chiefly to waterproof them.
21. Apply a little wax polish.
22. Wax polish gives a lovely shine to wood furniture.
23. He broke the wax seal and unrolled the paper.
24. The museum displays wax likenesses of every US president.
25. I wax the floor once a month.
26. She started to become/wax lyrical about health food.
27. Melted wax dribbled down the side of the candle.
28. He began to wax lyrical about his new car.
29. There were coloured candles which had spread pools of wax on the furniture.
30. The electricians have performed wonders in recording these long dead voices from old wax onto modern plastic surfaces.
More similar words: waxing.