Synonym: chapfallen, chopfallen, crestfallen. Similar words: deflation, inflate, defeated, flagellate, related, isolated, related to, insulated. Meaning: [dɪ'fleɪt] adj. 1. brought low in spirit 2. collapsed through the release of gas or air.
Random good picture Not show
1. He was deflated by the news.
2. I felt quite deflated by your nasty remark.
3. I was quite deflated by her lack of interest in my suggestions.
4. The party's ambitions have been rather deflated by the two recent by-election defeats.
5. Britain'sother hopes of medals were deflated earlier in the day.
6. She was deflated when Fen made no comment on her achievement.
7. They deflated the tires slightly to allow the truck to drive under the overpass.
8. All the criticism had left her feeling totally deflated.
9. His rebuff thoroughly deflated me.
10. Her criticism left me feeling a bit deflated.
11. When she refused I felt deflated.
12. They were totally deflated by losing the match.
13. The bubble in technology shares has deflated.
14. Her rebuff thoroughly deflated him.
15. The Republican takeover of Congress deflated that notion, though, and he no longer stresses it.
16. At the time I was deflated, but I have since realized that Don was giving me a star to steer by.
17. The balloon gradually lost altitude as we deflated it and came in to land.
18. Learning new skills can boost egos that were deflated by losing a job.
19. Martin was deflated by McEllhoney's lack of response and the feeling of elation soon left him.
20. He was like a slightly deflated version of John Hall, only much more cheerful.
21. It rapidly deflated his pompous stance and produced an about-face smart enough to have pleased a drill sergeant.
22. Prices are likely to remain cheap, deflated by heavy government issues of new stock, for some time.
23. He is one of the few people I have ever met who has never been either inflated or deflated by personal possessions.
24. But from our many interviews with sportspeople we have learned that the mystical aspects of sport can also be deflated and suppressed.
24. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
25. Her successes are dismissed as tawdry, her claims to original exploration comprehensively deflated.
26. He was too high on exultant relief to be deflated so easily.
27. But if it doesn't happen there is no way Lewis will be deflated.
28. He woke up aching all over - somehow his airbed had deflated in the night and there was nothing to cushion him from the cold ground.
29. On fourteen different occasions the Volunteer found the tires of his jeep either deflated or punctured.
30. None of the members of the bands mouths were even twitching, and I felt immensely deflated.
More similar words: deflation, inflate, defeated, flagellate, related, isolated, related to, insulated, modulated, encapsulated, deflect, flat, afflatus, inflation, flabbergasted, late, slate, later, plate, palate, latent, lately, dilate, relate, located, educated, bloated, emulate, collate, later on.