Synonym: apartment, dull, even, horizontal, level, lifeless, off-key, smooth, suite, unmusical. Antonym: bumpy, rough, sharp, uneven. Similar words: inflation, flag, flash, flame, flavor, flare up, flamboyant, late. Meaning: [flæt] n. 1. a level tract of land 2. a shallow box in which seedlings are started 3. a musical notation indicating one half step lower than the note named 4. freight car without permanent sides or roof 5. a deflated pneumatic tire 6. scenery consisting of a wooden frame covered with painted canvas; part of a stage setting 7. a suite of rooms usually on one floor of an apartment house. adj. 1. having a surface without slope, tilt in which no part is higher or lower than another 2. having a relatively broad surface in relation to depth or thickness 3. not modified or restricted by reservations 4. stretched out and lying at full length along the ground 5. lacking contrast or shading between tones 6. lowered in pitch by one chromatic semitone 7. flattened laterally along the whole length (e.g., certain leafstalks or flatfishes) 8. lacking taste or flavor or tang 9. lacking stimulating characteristics; uninteresting 10. having lost effervescence 11. (of taxes) not increasing as the amount taxed increases 12. sounded or spoken in a tone unvarying in pitch 13. horizontally level 14. lacking the expected range or depth; not designed to give an illusion or depth 15. (of a tire) completely or partially deflated 16. not reflecting light; not glossy 17. commercially inactive. adv. 1. with flat sails 2. in a forthright manner; candidly or frankly.
Random good picture Not show
1) The land was flat, giving no scope for defence.
2) Our bus won't start because the battery is flat.
3) The countryside was flat, dull and uninteresting.
4) Squash your cans flat before recycling.
5) The flat has gas-fired central heating.
6) We don't have flat land in this region.
7) Thora bustled about the flat,[http://sentencedict.com/flat.html] getting everything ready.
8) They just walked off and left me flat.
9) He dampened his hair to make it lie flat.
10) It's not half bad, your new flat.
11) They're renting a furnished flat on the third floor.
12) I got a flat tyre soon after setting off.
13) Crops were laid flat by heavy rainstorms.
14) A bottle has a flat base.
15) He fell flat to the ground.
16) We had undervalued the flat by 5000.
17) She wears loose clothes to hide her flat chest.
18) Officers armed with a search warrant entered the flat.
19) They want a bigger flat.
20) The car won't start?the battery's flat.
21) People used to believe the earth was flat.
22) The house has a sloping/flat/tiled/thatched/etc. roof.
23) He lived in a flat above the shop.
24) We live in a flat of two rooms.
25) 'You've got a flat tyre.' 'I know.'
26) She keeps her flat very tidy .
27) The tenor disappointed us by singing flat.
28) Our present lease on the flat expires next month.
29) The earth is round, not flat.
30) The battery is flat .