Antonym: transmitter. Similar words: receive, perceive, perceived, conceive, recent, recently, recession, reception. Meaning: [rɪ'sɪːvə(r)] n. 1. set that receives radio or tv signals 2. (law) a person (usually appointed by a court of law) who liquidates assets or preserves them for the benefit of affected parties 3. earphone that converts electrical signals into sounds 4. a person who gets something 5. a football player who catches (or is supposed to catch) a forward pass.
Random good picture Not show
3. Please put down the receiver.
4. The television receiver is an electronic device.
5. She picked up the receiver and dialled his number.
6. I dropped the receiver back in the cradle.
7. He took up telephone receiver and began to dial.
8. She took up the receiver and began to dial the number.
9. She took a deep breath and lifted the receiver off its hook.
9. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
10. Molly's more of a giver than a receiver.
11. He hung up the receiver and went out.
12. The receiver picks up pulses emitted by the transmitter.
13. The receiver was dangling from the payphone.
14. The receiver had already clicked into place.
15. The line went dead. Whitlock replaced the receiver.
16. She replaced the receiver on the cradle.
17. The radio receiver cut out.
18. She banged up the receiver.
19. The company remained in the hands of the receiver.
20. He slammed the receiver down and burst into tears.
21. Vapors pass over from a retort into a receiver.
22. The receiver and the quarterback are going to trade positions.
23. She picked up the receiver and put it to her ear.
24. He snatched up the receiver and his free hand groped for the switch on the bedside lamp.
25. A receiver was appointed by the court to handle the company's affairs.
26. The part of a telephone you speak into and listen at is called a receiver.
27. The company has been put in the hands of the receiver.
28. Between July and September, a total of 1,059 firms called in the receiver.
29. To change channel, select the desired number on the receiver unit.
30. "It's your mother on the phone again!", said John with his hand over the receiver.
More similar words: receive, perceive, perceived, conceive, recent, recently, recession, reception, unprecedented, deceptive, recover, recovery, liver, driver, deliver, diverse, delivery, diversity, give rise to, anniversary, economic recovery, over and over, ceiling, piece, decent, once in a while, a piece of, go to pieces, piece together, reck.