Random good picture Not show
1. The viola is exactly in counterpoint to the first violin.
2. This work is in austere counterpoint to that of Gaudi.
3. Hunt's laconic expertise provided a perfect counterpoint to Walker's high-octane delivery.
4. The gnarly Texas scrub provides a vivid counterpoint to the fading sunlight.
5. Karen points out the counterpoint between the atmosphere in Eugene and the often violent attitudes toward minorities: Eugene is Mecca.
6. These warnings against an excess of counterpoint are really concerned with emotive beauty in music.
7. The government trading desk was a counterpoint to the visible gluttony and ethnicity of the mortgage department.
8. Water chestnuts and snow peas provided a light counterpoint to the duck.
9. The bottom half is a counterpoint to the showy fecundity of the top.
10. So it's complex stuff,[Sentencedict.com] this polyphony or this counterpoint.
11. This commentary, counterpoint, and debate is worth pondering.
12. Bach was unique in his handling of counterpoint.
13. To write or arrange ( music ) in counterpoint.
14. The two melodies are played in counterpoint.
15. Margaret chose a counterpoint life filled with tortuous romances and unabashed indulgence.
16. The painting portrayed the beauty of nature as counterpoint to that of a human body.
17. Its counterpoint was a dramatic ivory smoking jacket with satin lapels , worn with long, full pants with permanent creases.
18. I have used my interviews with parents as a counterpoint to a professional judgement.
19. Paris is just a short train journey away,(sentence dictionary) providing the perfect counterpoint to the peace and quiet of Reims.
20. She sang solo against the humming of the male voices behind her and against the organ counterpoint.
21. Crudely expressed, corruption was of the political essence and was the practical counterpoint to the constitutional theory of balance.
22. In what follows I have used my interviews with parents as a counterpoint to a professional judgement.
23. The plainness of the rooms in this series makes an interesting counterpoint to the fanciful objects and people that inhabit them.
24. During or after such courses they may have acquired some additional external diplomas in organ-playing conducting, harmony and counterpoint.
25. The string section repeatedly cut through his fraught baritone with great sheets of emotional counterpoint.
26. My teeth began playing ragtime, my knees a sort of counterpoint.
27. But he also deconstructs the melody, subjects it to counterpoint and inversion and renders it in ragtime rhythm.
28. The first book I ever studied was Prout's Strict Counterpoint, which bestows on polyphony an aura of mysterious excellence.
29. She wandered all over the stave and produced a curious counterpoint to the tune.
30. This is a style of wheat beer that I especially enjoy, with its teasing counterpoint of tartness and chocolate-malt sweetness.
More similar words: counterpart, counter, encounter, countermand, interpret, interplay, interpersonal, interpretation, take into account, point, point out, point to, appoint, in point of, to the point, county, country, checkpoint, pointillism, appointment, point of view, account, count out, count on, a case in point, discount, account for, accounting, on account of, enterprise.