Synonym: antagonistic, anticipate, buffet, comeback, counterpunch, foresee, forestall, heel counter, parry, rejoinder, replication, retort, return, riposte, sideboard, tabulator. Similar words: counterpart, country, county, account, count out, count on, discount, account for. Meaning: ['kaʊntə] n. 1. table consisting of a horizontal surface over which business is transacted 2. game equipment used in various card or board games 3. a calculator that keeps a record of the number of times something happens 4. a piece of furniture that stands at the side of a dining room; has shelves and drawers 5. a person who counts things 6. a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one) 7. (computer science) a register whose contents go through a regular series of states (usually states indicating consecutive integers) 8. a piece of leather forming the back of a shoe or boot 9. a return punch (especially by a boxer). v. 1. speak in response 2. act in advance of; deal with ahead of time. adj. indicating opposition or resistance. adv. in the opposite direction.
Random good picture Not show
1. You need to reset the counter.
2. Whose keys are on the kitchen counter?
3. The needle on the rev counter soared.
4. She plonked the beer on the counter.
5. The customs official beckoned the woman to his counter.
6. These tablets are available over the counter.
7. Electronic banking may make overthe - counter transactions obsolete.
8. The pig to be hogtied was on the counter.
9. This counter is closed now.
10. Counter every negative with apositive.
11. Where is the Japan Airlines counter?
12. He acted counter to his promise.
13. The country needs a strong intelligence service to counter espionage and foreign extremists.
14. Where's the ticket counter?
15. There was nobody behind/on the counter when I went into the bank,(sentencedict.com) and I had to wait to be served.
16. The customer cast his money on the counter and left.
17. He wondered if the girl behind the counter recognised him.
18. The robber vaulted over the counter and took $200 in cash.
19. They moved two destroyers into the area to counter the threat from the enemy battleship.
20. Mary served behind the counter at Bacon's for a few hours a week.
21. She sighed and flicked a dishcloth at the counter.
22. He banged the money down on the counter.
23. He propped his elbows upon a greasy counter.
24. Both of them had to counter fierce criticism.
25. Economic trends are running counter to the forecasts.
26. He practised at the pawnshop counter for many years.
27. The assistant behind the counter gave a curt nod.
28. Green pounded his fist on the counter.
29. In Post Offices,[sentencedict.com] virtually every document that's passed across the counter is stamped with a rubber stamp.
30. The leadership discussed a plan of economic measures to counter the effects of such a blockade.
More similar words: counterpart, country, county, account, count out, count on, discount, account for, accounting, hunter, on account of, accountability, take into account, developing countries, mount, amount to, council, volunteer, counselor, counseling, center, painter, interval, internal, interior, Internet, interest, interact, youngster, enter into.