Synonym: break, burst, crack, fracture. Similar words: capture, sculpture, abrupt, interrupt, corruption, measure up to, lecture, picture. Meaning: ['rʌptʃə(r)] n. 1. state of being torn or burst open 2. a personal or social separation (as between opposing factions) 3. the act of making a sudden noisy break. v. separate or cause to separate abruptly.
Random good picture Not show
1. Nothing could heal the rupture with his father.
2. His stomach might rupture from all the acid.
3. The rupture of a blood vessel usually cause the mark of a bruise.
4. The eleventh century saw the formal rupture between East and West.
5. Sloshing liquids can rupture the walls of their containers.
6. The rupture with his father was absolute.
7. The pipe will rupture at its weakest point.
8. The incidents have not yet caused a major rupture in the political ties between countries.
9. I nearly gave myself a rupture lifting that pile of books.
10. Certain truck gasoline tanks can rupture and burn in a collision.
11. You're going to give yourself a rupture if you lift that.
12. But the administration clearly wants to avoid a rupture.
13. A pipeline rupture halted supplies of natural gas.
14. The rupture of the pressure dome had started the structural failures leading to the accident.
15. The subsequent events that lead to the rupture of these abnormal vessels are unclear.
16. Pseudocysts may be complicated by infection, haemorrhage, rupture, and by compression of adjacent organs.
17. Lack of awareness of late presentation of traumatic rupture of the diaphragm in children may result in a delay in diagnosis.
18. In proposing a rupture between liberal internationalism and nationalist socialism, Hyndman and Blatchford were ahead of their time.
19. But an inquest heard that the rupture in the blood vessel was not caused by the operation.
20. What has happened is a major rupture in the social system, felt everywhere.
21. The fuel tanks on the planes rupture and burst into flame.
22. Is it about to rupture and spew forth a real-live Alien in a fountain of blood and shit!?
23. Bailey emphasized that officials do not want to rupture any of the 236 uranium fuel rods in the lone remaining assembly.
24. Such a thorough rupture in relations might accurately be called the Eastern Airlines Syndrome.
25. If the condition is not treated, the appendix can rupture.
26. These include: severe slugging, flow rate transients, thermal transients and pipeline rupture.
27. If a blood vessel in your leg were to rupture, the leg would just swell up.
28. Ears and nose produce a horrible, stinking, green discharge; ear infection with rupture and suppuration.http://sentencedict.com/rupture.html
29. Such detachment models predict that two types of passive margin will be produced by continental rupture.
30. But in class terms it marked a split within the ruling bloc, not the totalizing rupture from without that repealers claimed.
More similar words: capture, sculpture, abrupt, interrupt, corruption, measure up to, lecture, picture, venture, texture, feature, mixture, gesture, culture, by nature, creature, in future, in nature, signature, structure, departure, furniture, adventure, conjecture, in the future, temperature, for the future, legislature, agriculture, manufacturer.