Synonym: aim, direct, indicate, show. Similar words: appoint, point to, point out, to the point, in point of, appointment, a case in point, joint. Meaning: [pɔɪnt] n. 1. a geometric element that has position but no extension 2. the precise location of something; a spatially limited location 3. a brief version of the essential meaning of something 4. a specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process 5. an isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole 6. an instant of time 7. the object of an activity 8. a V shape 9. a very small circular shape 10. the unit of counting in scoring a game or contest 11. a promontory extending out into a large body of water 12. a distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list 13. a style in speech or writing that arrests attention and has a penetrating or convincing quality or effect 14. an outstanding characteristic 15. sharp end 16. any of 32 horizontal directions indicated on the card of a compass 17. a linear unit used to measure the size of type; approximately 1/72 inch 18. a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations 19. a V-shaped mark at one end of an arrow pointer 20. the property of a shape that tapers to a sharp tip 21. a distinguishing or individuating characteristic 22. the gun muzzle's direction 23. a wall socket 24. a contact in the distributor; as the rotor turns its projecting arm contacts them and current flows to the spark plugs. v. 1. indicate a place, direction, person, or thing; either spatially or figuratively 2. be oriented 3. direct into a position for use 4. direct the course; determine the direction of travelling 5. be a signal for or a symptom of 6. sail close to the wind 7. mark (Hebrew words) with diacritics 8. mark with diacritics 9. mark (a psalm text) to indicate the points at which the music changes 10. be positionable in a specified manner 11. intend (something) to move towards a certain goal 12. give a point to 13. repair the joints of bricks.
Random good picture Not show
1. Do you see this point on the map?
2. Prices dropped to the lowest point in a year.
3. Clean your finger,before you point at my spots.
4. The example of the United States illustrates this point.
5. The one point that troubled us was...
6. The Chinese make a point of their personal honor.
7. Stop waffling and get to the point.
8. Bring the sauce to boiling point.
9. The dog's tail tapered off to a point.
10. Keep your letter succinct and to the point.
11. The foregoing examples illustrate this point.
12. The two estates join at this point.
13. The pencil tapers to a sharp point.
14. Opinions are divided on this point.
15. Five per cent of children stammer at some point.
16. The reporter drilled in his point.
17. I'm in a hurry, so come to the point.
18. The next crossing point is a long way downstream.
19. Could you stick to the point,(sentencedict.com/point.html) please?
20. The one point that concerned us a little was...
21. Two short quotations will illustrate my point.
22. You may need to amplify this point.
23. He's just saying that to prove a point .
24. They waded the river at a shallow point.
25. Are you just doing this to prove a point?
26. Would you get to the point?
27. He was anxious to the point of neurosis.
28. Let's get back to the point.
29. We wish to point out that...
30. In point of cost, the first plan is better.
More similar words: appoint, point to, point out, to the point, in point of, appointment, a case in point, joint, go into, coin, join, enjoin, go in for, join in, ongoing, ain't, into, hint, print, faint, get into, in that, intent, intend, in time, intact, in turn, in the way, in the end, come into.