Similar words: contribution, contribute, contributor, contribute to, distribution, contrite, continuing, concentrating. Meaning: [kən'trɪbjuːt] adj. tending to bring about; being partly responsible for.
Random good picture Not show
1. Heavy snow was a contributing factor in the accident.
2. Human error may have been a contributing factor.
3. Stress is a contributing factor in many illnesses.
4. Everyone in the office is contributing money for his leaving present.
5. Stress is widely perceived as contributing to coronary heart disease.
6. We shall be contributing as much as we possibly can to the campaign.
7. The destruction of forests is contributing to the greenhouse effect.
8. Methane is one of the principal gases contributing to the greenhouse effect.
9. Frank Deford is a contributing editor for Vanity Fair magazine.
10. Heedless destruction of the rainforests is contributing to global warming.
11. The authors reject the hypothesis about unemployment contributing to crime.
12. The US is contributing $4 billion in loans,(sentence dictionary) credits and grants.
13. Anyone interested in contributing articles is invited to contact the editor.
14. He accused broadcasters of contributing to the dumbing down of America.
15. We look forward to contributing to this debate.
16. There was an adventitious contributing cause.
17. The contraceptive pill is also a contributing factor.
18. One of the contributing factors is the collapse in cocoa prices.
19. One factor contributing to this malaise is the buildup of lactic acid in the muscles that can follow heavy drinking.
20. When not in the studio contributing to the success of others, he experimented with Classical music.
21. This is far more intense a challenge than contributing to debates about strategy and design.
22. A further set of issues contributing significantly to globalization concerns the environment.
23. The final factor contributing to departmental growth was the most significant of all.
24. They also use more fuel, therefore contributing more pollution, and use more of an increasingly scarce resource than diesels.
25. The copycat phenomenon is a danger to which the media may be contributing.
26. Stress, both human and mechanical, may also be a contributing factor.
27. He was humming to himself as he drove - occasionally contributing to the conversation - a placid, contented family man.
28. The lack of an efficient railway system was a major contributing factor to the stagnant economy.
29. A pyramid venture was started recently at one licensed dealer, every participant contributing ￡100, and bringing in more people.
30. Ever tighter regulations are being introduced to protect the environment from emissions contributing to the greenhouse effect or acid rain.
More similar words: contribution, contribute, contributor, contribute to, distribution, contrite, continuing, concentrating, attribute, distribute, tribulation, on the contrary, control, contrary, contrast, contract, contractor, contrast to, by contrast, continue, controversy, out of control, take control, contretemps, continual, continent, continued, under control, control group, to the contrary.