Synonym: advance, flourish, grow, mature, progress. Antonym: decay, decline. Similar words: developer, developing, development, developmental, developing countries, envelope, level, all levels. Meaning: [dɪ'veləp] v. 1. make something new, such as a product or a mental or artistic creation 2. work out 3. gain through experience 4. come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes) 5. come into existence; take on form or shape 6. change the use of and make available or usable 7. elaborate, as of theories and hypotheses 8. create by training and teaching 9. be gradually disclosed or unfolded; become manifest 10. grow, progress, unfold, or evolve through a process of evolution, natural growth, differentiation, or a conducive environment 11. become technologically advanced 12. cause to grow and differentiate in ways conforming to its natural development 13. generate gradually 14. grow emotionally or mature 15. make visible by means of chemical solutions 16. superimpose a three-dimensional surface on a plane without stretching, in geometry 17. move one's pieces into strategically more advantageous positions 18. move into a strategically more advantageous position 19. elaborate by the unfolding of a musical idea and by the working out of the rhythmic and harmonic changes in the theme 20. happen 21. expand in the form of a series.
Random good picture Not show
1. With close friends in their lives,people develop courage and positive attitudes.Teenagers have the moral support to assert their individuality;the elderly approach their advanced years with optimism and an interest in life.
2. Love is photogenic. It needs darkness to develop.
3. A lot of teenagers develop acne.
4. It is important to develop good study skills.
5. We will do our utmost to develop new markets.
6. It is the general's role to develop overall strategy.
7. Dark-skinned people rarely develop skin cancer.
8. The nurse should try to develop empathy between herself and the patient.
8. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
9. The hope is that this area will develop into a vibrant commercial centre.
10. The company needs to develop a stronger orientation towards marketing its products.
11. Children usually develop speech in the second year of life.
12. Once you are injected you will—sooner or later—develop full-blown AIDS.
13. We are trying to develop a working partnership between local schools and industries.
14. Many celebrities develop a working class accent to increase their street-credibility.
15. The council house is planning to develop the area to the east of the town centre.
16. Apparently some people have an inborn tendency to develop certain kinds of tumour.
17. Since he turned 30 he's started to develop a pot belly.
18. It helps children to develop an appreciation of poetry and literature.
19. She had the time and the inspiration to develop her talent.
20. You need to develop a positive mental attitude.
21. Researchers are collaborating to develop the vaccine.
22. Sickness may develop from inadequate fluid intake.
23. high-talent people lazy by nature, if, that is, not from efforts to develop his talents, his achievements would not have significant, sometimes, rather it would be better than him at the day low.
24. Extra doses of the hormone caused the animals' reproductive organs to develop sooner than usual.
25. This has made it necessary for agriculture and industry to develop very quickly.
26. Regular exercise is a good habit for kids to develop.
27. Nowadays, fewer people are working in their local towns, so how do they develop a sense of belonging Whenever we step out of our local boundaries, there is always another "home" waiting to be found. Wherever we are, with just a little bit of effort and imagination, we can make the place we stay "home".
28. It has cost them a great deal of money and time to develop this software.
29. Since man is able to tap such resources as oil and metals, why can't he develop and harness other energy resources?
30. It's hard to say at this stage how the market will develop.
More similar words: developer, developing, development, developmental, developing countries, envelope, level, all levels, revelation, slope, devote, device, below, feel out, devastating, belong to, novel, counselor, before long, svelte, in the long run, traveler, actively, relatively, effectively, exclusively, respectively, machiavellian, ever, even.