Synonym: compare, liken, match, measure. Similar words: contrast to, by contrast, on the contrary, contract, contractor, to the contrary, control, contribute. Meaning: ['kɒntrɑːst] n. 1. the opposition or dissimilarity of things that are compared 2. the act of distinguishing by comparing differences 3. a conceptual separation or distinction 4. the perceptual effect of the juxtaposition of very different colors 5. the range of optical density and tone on a photographic negative or print (or the extent to which adjacent areas on a television screen differ in brightness). v. 1. put in opposition to show or emphasize differences 2. to show differences when compared; be different.
Random good picture Not show
1. It is interesting to contrast the two writers.
2. The yellow curtains contrast with the blue bedcover.
3. The two visitors provided a startling contrast in appearance.
4. There is a great contrast between good and evil.
5. This bag is big in contrast with that one.
6. Recall the misery of the past and contrast it with the happiness of today.
7. I like the contrast of the white trousers with the black jacket.
8. The poverty of her childhood stands in total contrast to her life in Hollywood.
9. She is quiet and studious, in marked contrast to her sister.
10. The situation when we arrived was in marked contrast to the news reports.
11. There is an obvious contrast between the cultures of East and West.
12. The company lost $7 million this quarter in contrast to a profit of $6.2 million a year earlier.
13. The black paint on the door provides a contrast for the white walls.
14. In striking contrast to their brothers, the girls were both intelligent and charming.
15. There is a stark contrast between the lives of the rich and those of the poor.
16. Careful contrast of the two plans shows some important differences.
17. In contrast with your belief that we will fail, I am confident that we will succeed.
18. Contrast fresh and frozen vegetables and you'll find the fresh ones taste better.
19. The contrast could not have been made more explicit .
20. By contrast, he was much cleverer.
21. The colours in that picture contrast nicely.
21. Wish you can benefit from sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
22. In contrast with their system, ours seems very old-fashioned.
23. His actions were in stark contrast to his words.
24. Your action contrast with your principles.
25. There's a marked contrast between his character and hers.
26. In this section we contrast four possible broad approaches.
27. There is a remarkable contrast between the two brothers.
28. Their experiences contrast sharply with those of other children.
29. When you look at their new system, ours seems very old-fashioned by contrast.
30. A wool jacket complements the silk trousers and provides an interesting contrast in texture.
More similar words: contrast to, by contrast, on the contrary, contract, contractor, to the contrary, control, contribute, contributor, contretemps, contribute to, out of control, controversy, contribution, concentrate, under control, control group, controversial, beyond control, concentration, concentrating, trash, infrastructure, central, entrance, contend, context, contain, contest, confront.