Synonym: lane, path, thoroughfare, track, trail. Similar words: broad, on the road, railroad, take the road, broadcast, at home and abroad, load, throat. Meaning: [rəʊd] n. 1. an open way (generally public) for travel or transportation 2. a way or means to achieve something. adj. 1. taking place over public roads 2. working for a short time in different places.
1) Good company on the road
is the shortest cut.
2) There is no royal road
3) No road
is long with good company.
4) Perseverance is the only road
5) The road
to hell is paved with good intentions.
6) No road
of flowers lead to glory.
7) Activity is the only road
8) A road
of a thousand miles begins with one step.
9) There is no royal road
to science,and only those who do not dread the fatiguing climb of gaining its numinous summits.
10) The road
of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
11) We are bumming along the road nicely.
12) The road went round in a tight curve.
13) We parked on a side road.
14) The road follows the Pacific coastline.
15) The road was wet and slippery.
16) The road curved suddenly to the left.
17) There are speed restrictions on this road.
18) The complexity of the road map puzzled me.
19) They followed the road that skirted the lake.
20) There was a huge hole in the road.
21) How far does the road continue?
22) Water had collected in the holes in the road.
23) I chose a spot well away from the road.
24) The big Bentley purred along the road.
25) The road has a fairly steep gradient.
26) The accident caused the complete closure of the road.
27) A novel is a mirror walking along a main road
28) We must repeat a thousand and one times that perseverance is the only road
29) Never look down to test the ground before taking your step; only he who keeps his eye fixed on the far horizon will find his right road
30) Confidence in yourself is the first step on the road
1) The road went round in a tight curve.
2) This road joins the two villages.
3) We parked on a side road.
4) The road follows the Pacific coastline.
5) It's a dangerous stretch of road.
6) The blast blew a gaping crater in the road.
7) The road curved to the right.
8) The dog led the blind man across the road.
9) The complexity of the road map puzzled me.
10) He's an English teacher at Highland Road School.
11) They followed the road that skirted the lake.
12) The big Bentley purred along the road.
13) The police have blocked the road.
14) They walked slowly along the road.
15) The lane is roughly parallel to the main road.
16) They are devising a road system.
17) What is the width of this road?
18) He ran across the road, dodging the traffic.
19) He has a flower stall in Portobello Road market.
20) The road toll scheme was dismissed as impractical.
21) The soldiers set up an ambush on the road.
22) The workmen shovelled gravel onto the road.
23) The main road is on a north-south axis.
24) They are laying pipes under the road.
25) A serious road accident caused traffic chaos yesterday.
26) Pay attention to the road signs.
27) The narrow path expanded into a wide road.
28) He dashed frantically across the road.
29) A horse pulled the cart along the road.
30) There is easy access by road.