Random good picture Not show
1. There they would force Khomeini to negotiate a deal and to broadcast it to the people.
2. There was no chance that Khomeini would withdraw the fatwa.
3. All over Isfahan are murals of an angry Khomeini glaring down from the clouds.
4. In Najaf, Khomeini had begun a propaganda campaign against the Shah and his regime by circulating audio cassettes containing his pronouncements.
5. It was inevitable that Khomeini would loathe the attacks that Reza Shah made on the power of the mullahs.
5. Wish you can benefit from sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
6. In Najaf, Khomeini had begun a propaganda campaign against the Shah.
7. It was then that Khomeini first came to prominence.
8. Security measures at Imam Khomeini international airport have been doubled.
9. Ayatollah Montazeri was a close ally of Ayatollah Khomeini and was at one time viewed as his successor as supreme leader.
10. Yet Khomeini never fully trusted the group; its ideology seemed a dangerous combination of Marxism and its own interpretation of Shiism.
11. Ayatollah Khomeini is welcomed back into Tehran, Iran after nearly 15 years of exile.
12. There were still those among the Shah's military who believed that a coup against Khomeini was possible.
13. Worse was to come when no less a person than Khomeini called for their execution should the deed prove to be deliberate.
14. There were numerous reasons for the anti-West attitude adopted by the Khomeini regime after the revolution.
15. Mousavi is something entirely different: he stands for the resuscitation of the popular dream that sustained the Khomeini revolution.
16. It's a dilemma that Erian is only too aware of. "Mr Obama, Mrs Clinton, Mr Cameron, Mr Sarkozy, when they see us at the front they say we are another Khomeini, another Iranian [revolution], " he says.
17. Iranian soldiers in camouflage suits parade for National Army Day before the mausoleum of the late revolutionary leader Ayatollah Khomeini, near the capital Tehran.
18. It is a peculiar irony that in today's campaign against Khomeini's political heirs, the opposition movement is appealing to many of the same grievances Khomeini cited in his campaign against the shah.
19. Its last monarch, Shah Reza Pahlavi, was overthrown in 1979, but he was replaced by yet another autocrat, the Ayatollah Khomeini.
20. "Americans are the great Satan, the wounded snake. " – Ayatollah Khomeini.
21. This was a genuine popular uprising on the part of the deceived partisans of the Khomeini revolution.
22. Hezbollah was founded in 1982 by Lebanese Shiite clerics inspired by the Islamic revolutionary ideology of Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini.
23. The defining characteristic of the Iranian elite since the death of Ayatollah Khomeini has been its fear of youth.
24. The Islamic Revolution of 1979, moreover, had roots going back to 1960–4, when riots against the shah swept the country and Ayatollah Khomeini and many other activists were exiled.
25. The American hostages in Iran had been held by the Ayatollah Khomeini for almost a year.
26. But that's no reason to turn tail and run whenever Khomeini shouts Yankee, Go home!
27. I know now that it was very shortly after the shah's death that Khomeini called in his advisers and said, "Look, let's fix this.
28. They support the protests as a secular reaction to the Khomeini revolution, as the first step towards a new liberal-democratic Iran freed from Muslim fundamentalism.
29. "They want to turn opposition activity into a civil society movement that operates within the law, " said Baqer Moin, biographer of Ayatollah Khomeini.
30. Will the Muslim Brotherhood Prove to Be Egypt's Version of Ayatollah Khomeini?
More similar words: come into being, come in, come in for, come into, come home, home, get home, at home, homeland, homeless, homebody, homesick, home rule, homework, homestead, drive home, homeostasis, take-home pay, homesickness, at home and abroad, bring home the bacon, disposable income, dark horse, black horse, pick holes in, whom, homage, fathom, homophone, homicide.