Synonym: body politic, country, democracy, land, nation, republic, res publica, state. Similar words: wealth, wealthy, health, in common, healthy, commonly, healthcare, common good. Meaning: n. 1. the official name of some states in the United States (Massachusetts and Pennsylvania and Virginia and Kentucky) and associated territories (Puerto Rico) 2. a politically organized body of people under a single government 3. a world organization of autonomous states that are united in allegiance to a central power but are not subordinate to it or to one another 4. a political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them.
Random good picture Not show
1. He is the chairman of the commonwealth of artists.
2. I competed in the Commonwealth Games in Christchurch, which was my swan song.
3. Theatres were closed during the Commonwealth.
4. Puerto Rico remains a US commonwealth, not a state.
5. A meeting of Commonwealth heads of state will be held next month.
6. His Utopia is not a chimerical commonwealth but a practical improvement on what already exists.
7. The city and the Commonwealth have lost a great leader.
8. The Commonwealth secured its indictments on hearsay.
9. The hybrid of commonwealth, long ascendant, is waning.
10. Wells won three medals at the Commonwealth Games.
11. In all probability, the Commonwealth will rest tomorrow morning.
12. The Commonwealth is simply a talking shop.
13. The transition from Empire to Commonwealth was remarkably successful, but it did not strengthen Britain as had been hoped.
14. The most consistent feature of the Commonwealth idea, at all stages of its development, was the principle of consent.
15. Studying drama as a winner of a Commonwealth Fellowship, Cooke traveled throughout the country in the summer of 1933.
16. If all goes well, she should meet Commonwealth Champion Fiona Smith in the quarter finals.
17. Some 2,500 athletes from 72 Commonwealth countries will compete for medals in 17 different sports.
18. The 1962 Commonwealth Immigrants Act changed this, and only those born in Britain were henceforth automatically given the right of abode.
19. This was perfectly acceptable to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; it was not at all acceptable to the court.
19. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
20. And there are 150 members of the Royal Commonwealth Pool's own judo club to back up that claim.
21. After India became independent, she chose to be a member of the Commonwealth.
22. Furthermore, the proportion of work permits issued to inhabitants of Commonwealth countries has also fallen.
23. No better summary could have been provided of what the Commonwealth idea was about.
24. She has travelled widely and has lived in four countries in the Commonwealth.
25. He buried the bodies in one grave with a single wooden cross as a marker; then notified the Commonwealth.
26. Its purpose is to keep secure the future of the library of the Royal Commonwealth Society.
27. This has been reflected in the attitude of the National Front towards new commonwealth citizens in the United Kingdom in recent times.
28. Finally, the Pennsylvania statute requires every facility performing abortions to report its activities to the Commonwealth.
29. He made his acting debut at the age of eight in a Bengali play staged at the Commonwealth Institute.
30. Yours is that you happen to be the chief law enforcement officer of this Commonwealth.
More similar words: wealth, wealthy, health, in common, healthy, commonly, healthcare, common good, stealthily, although, summons, commodity, commotion, dealt, accommodate, incommodious, fealty, accommodating, accommodation, appeal to, unwelcome, get on with, nationwide, in comparison with, wear, swear, weary, sweat, weather, weave.