Synonym: beach, glide, ride, seashore, seaside, slide, waterfront. Similar words: coastal, boast, coal, coach, coalition, last, vast, as to. Meaning: [kəʊst] n. 1. the shore of a sea or ocean 2. a slope down which sleds may coast 3. the area within view 4. the act of moving smoothly along a surface while remaining in contact with it. v. move effortlessly; by force of gravity.
Random good picture Not show
1. Tropical storm Marco is pushing northward up Florida's coast.
2. The land flattens out near the coast.
3. The land is barren on the east coast.
4. A plane came winging down towards the coast.
5. The ship was wrecked on the Kent coast.
6. We travelled across America coast to coast.
7. The turtles return to the coast to reproduce.
8. The town is a considerable distance from the coast.
9. They saw many seals off the Coast of Alaska.
10. They live in a town along the east coast.
11. How long is the journey to the coast?
12. We live roughly halfway between here and the coast.
13. The boat sailed along/down the coast.
14. The fleet is manoeuvring off the coast.
15. I had been in action bombarding the Normandy coast.
16. We get heavy fogs on this coast in winter.
17. The ship is currently aground off the Brittany coast.
18. A car swished by heading for the coast.
19. The fleet is - ring off the east coast.
20. We walked along the coast for five miles.
21. We get heavy fogs on the coast in winter.
22. The ship lays to off the coast.
23. We drove along the Pacific coast to Seattle.
24. The surge travelled southwards along the coast.
25. It's a pleasant drive to the coast.
26. Along the coast,[sentencedict.com] an industrial fringe had already developed.
27. He plans to hitch right round the coast of Ireland.
28. The pipeline was constructed to transport oil across Alaska to ports on the coast.
29. After a short rest the travelers pushed on towards the coast.
30. They said we could have the use of their flat at the coast whenever they weren't there.