Antonym: inevitable, unavoidable. Similar words: avoidance, formidable, avoid, affordable, dependable, favorable, unfavorable, able. Meaning: [-dəbl] adj. capable of being avoided or warded off.
Random good picture Not show
1. Many deaths from heart disease are actually avoidable.
2. A number of illnesses are entirely avoidable.
3. These injuries were avoidable.
4. Running out of gas is annoying and easily avoidable.
5. Otherwise mutual incomprehension and avoidable conflict will continue.
6. Most accidents are easily avoidable.
7. There were potentially avoidable factors in all the cases.
8. The tragedy was entirely avoidable.
9. Much of this is completely avoidable.
10. Too many children are still injured in avoidable accidents.
11. It was such a waste,(sentencedict.com) so avoidable; ever since he died you must have constantly asked yourself why.
12. The list of avoidable killings not legally construed as murder even in principle could go on and on.
13. Other events, such as those that follow, are avoidable with cooperation be-tween the parents and the medical staff.
14. It's ugly, painful, and totally and completely avoidable.
15. He r rejoicing voice is void of something avoidable.
16. Foot rot is an avoidable affiction.
17. Road deaths are mostly avoidable. So aren't they avoided?
18. Her rejoicing voice is void of somethkng avoidable.
19. This Policy shall be avoidable in the event of misrepresentation, misdescription or non-disclosure made by the Insured or his representative in any material particular in respect of this insurance.
20. It is avoidable to be a hypocrite to consider individual in the presence of collective.
21. Dangers of navigation are such as are not avoidable by the exercise of due care.
22. Nearly 1,000 children die each year from accidents in the home which are avoidable.
23. In spite of these latest threats, war may still be avoidable.
24. Proponents of such a view owe us an apology for three avoidable Tory victories.
25. Indeed, it would be seen as a major source of avoidable and illegal human suffering.
26. But even this ratio puts the best possible light on the contribution made by employment to the avoidable death toll.
27. In the endeavour to minimize the contributions work environments make to avoidable fatalities, state officials also play a significant part.
28. Next to it goes a soft touch 6a, Cocoluche, which has an easily avoidable 6b section.
29. Alan Haddock, assistant divisional officer with Cheshire Fire Brigade, said the blaze was an avoidable accident.
30. True, there have been mistakes, but this is hardly avoidable because we lack experience.
More similar words: avoidance, formidable, avoid, affordable, dependable, favorable, unfavorable, able, table, cable, viable, unable, enable, gabled, usable, notable, capable, parable, affable, tableau, be able to, adorable, reliable, disabled, bearable, suitable, amicable, amenable, culpable, palpable.