Synonym: accomplish, achieve, arrive, come, complete, finish, fulfill, gain, get to, reach, realize. Antonym: fail. Similar words: maintain, attach, attack, attach to, retain, obtain, curtain, sustain. Meaning: [ə'teɪn] v. 1. to gain with effort 2. reach a point in time, or a certain state or level 3. find unexpectedly 4. reach a destination, either real or abstract.
Random good picture Not show
1. They ought to attain this aim.
2. The cheetah can attain speeds of up to 97 kph.
3. These trees attain to remarkable height.
4. Here is your opportunity to attain a goal.
5. You only attain new levels of relative poverty.
6. Subordinate groups mobilize to attain new advantages and benefits, while dominant groups mobilize to maintain advantages and benefits.
7. In my experience, people who tried to attain their ends by covert means came to unfortunate ends.
8. Their failure to attain status comparable to that of older market-sector professions corrodes' middle class[Sentence dictionary], conservatism.
9. For some it was enough to attain dominion over other rulers, in effect establishing satellite or vassal states.
10. To attain hydrostatic equilibrium the position of the lithosphere adjusts vertically in accordance with its density and thickness.
11. Most attain that status only because Britain's plants and animals have been so much studied.
12. There will be an objective for Samson to attain before the game is won.
13. Together with this person, you can attain results far more spectacular than either of you could achieve alone.
14. Managers and employees will be asked to attain levels of performance previously considered impossible.
15. TECs play an important role in helping companies attain it.
18. Whenever you have an aim you must sacrifice something of freedom to attain it.
19. Congratulations on your new job - good for you! While we will miss you and have fond memories of working with you, we wish you well and hope you attain all the success you deserve. Your loyalty and work ethic have been an inspiration to us all. Have a prosperous life and keep in touch!
20. However, it may be unfair to accuse the candidates of failing to attain the unattainable.
21. With a cash transfer the recipient of government assistance would attain a welfare level as shown by.
22. Death is not the worst thing; rather, when one who craves death cannot attain even that wish. Sophocles
23. If you care enough for a result, you will most certainly attain it. William James
24. June, too, had wanted to be noticed for herself and not just for fading to attain impossibly high standards.
25. Their strategy was to claim that output targets were unattainable, and not to attain them.
26. This is by no means an easy thing to accomplish; nothing of real esoteric value ever is easy to attain.
27. But the final will be a single game, giving the Revolution a chance to attain home-field advantage if the team qualifies.
28. She was concentrating on the speed and length which her stride might attain as she hurried up the long slope.
29. Both had been told from childhood that black men and women could never reach the heights that whites attain.
30. Shaping Sometimes the behaviours to be learned are too complicated for the child to attain at once.
More similar words: maintain, attach, attack, attach to, retain, obtain, curtain, sustain, captain, contain, certain, uncertain, for certain, certainly, retaining, container, uncertainty, sustainable, certainly not, entertainment, at that time, gotta, cottage, vendetta, pittance, stair, detail, retail, in detail, upstairs.