Synonym: ample, enough, plenty, satisfactory, sufficient. Antonym: deficient, inadequate, insufficient. Similar words: equation, graduate, evaluate, insinuate, accentuate, undergraduate, square, squad. Meaning: ['ædɪkwət] adj. 1. (sometimes followed by `to') meeting the requirements especially of a task 2. enough to meet a purpose 3. about average; acceptable.
Random good picture Not show
1. Our accommodation is barely adequate.
2. Have we got adequate food for twenty guests?
3. We took adequate food for the holiday.
4. Does the procedure provide adequate safeguards against corruption?
5. We cannot guarantee adequate supplies of raw materials.
6. One in four people worldwide are without adequate homes.
7. There was adequate rain and snow last winter.
8. Inspectors checked that there was adequate ventilation.
9. We had adequate food and drink for a week's journey.
10. An adequate environmental impact assessment was not carried out on the bypass project.
11. The trains were not considered adequate for use on the modern railways.
12. Remember to bring clothes that provide adequate protection against the wind and rain.
13. Farmers have been slow to make adequate provision for their retirement.
14. Everyone has the right to adequate food and clean water.
15. She didn't give a very adequate explanation for being late.
16. Make sure that the firm's insurance cover is adequate.
17. The old methods weren't adequate to meet current needs.
18. Make sure you have an adequate supply of brochures.
19. The food was adequate but unimaginative.
20. I hope you will prove adequate to the job.
21. Can plants obtain adequate nourishment from such poor soil?
22. Children are not allowed to swim without adequate supervision.
23. Her performance was adequate but lacked originality.
24. The product was rushed through without adequate safety testing.
25. Their earnings are adequate .
26. Food in the dining car was adequate,[sentencedict.com](Sentencedict) if uninspired.
27. I didn't have adequate time to prepare.
28. A UN official said aid programs will be suspended until there's adequate protection for relief convoys.
29. No athlete would dream of entering a big race without adequate preparation.
30. People can fight infection more easily if they have an adequate diet.