Synonym: adjutant, aide-de-camp, auxiliary. Similar words: aid, side by side, AIDS, be afraid to, side, wide, tide, idea. Meaning: [eɪd] n. 1. an officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer 2. someone who acts as assistant.
Random good picture Not show
1. Apparently, the aide had acted without White House sanction.
2. She is a nurse's aide.
3. He served as an aide to the former president.
4. An aide was already spinning the senator's defeat as 'almost as good as an outright win'.
5. An aide to U. S. Sen.
6. Hayworth calls Owens, a former aide to then-Sen.
7. There were a cardinal and an aide to Garibaldi.
8. He asked an aide for the number.
9. Johnson, for example,[sentencedict.com] was a longtime Mecham aide.
10. You've been an excellent aide to me.
11. Johnson, a longtime aide to former Arizona Gov.
12. Afterward, Brown asked an aide for some coffee.
13. Another casualty was Gordon Ashworth, a senior aide to Peterson, who resigned over money paid to redecorate his house.
14. Oscar Orbos has done well as Mrs Aquino's aide, but at 40 may be too young for the big job.
15. She served a two-year stint as an aide to Congressman Jim McNulty.
16. Companies aide still trying to find how best to describe these new work arrangements for people.
17. Anderson has worked as an aide to the mayor for three years.
18. But asked whether he believed whether the former aide lied, Harshbarger avoided the question.
19. Amelia went to work as a nurse's aide in the children's wing of the hospital.
20. A Royal aide on the marriage of Charles and Diana.
21. The cantankerous aide organized support for health care reform, coordinated the Whitewater defense and helped chart the course to renomination.
22. A White House aide told the media everything he knew about the President's private life.
23. Larry Foster, chief council aide, said Hale was ordered to appear before the committee next Monday.
24. The aide was hired to keep the governor's slovenly brother out of the public eye.
25. The brothers chip in a certain amount of money each month to hire a home health aide.
26. These will be resolved or abandoned in the course aide time, and in the meantime will have no moral standing.
27. Yaki, who was instrumental in negotiating the leases as an aide to Rep.
28. If he is going to see them, Earl Bush, the press aide, will brief him on likely questions.
29. The second complaint alleges that Bonior improperly employs his wife as a office aide.
30. The officers pushed the desk away, telling Hill the flag was state property, as an aide to Gov.