Synonym: sender, vector. Similar words: transmitted, transmitting, transmit, transmission, smitten, transmute, transmutation, intermittent. Meaning: [trænz'mɪtə(r) ,-s-] n. 1. someone who transmits a message 2. any agent (person or animal or microorganism) that carries and transmits a disease 3. set used to broadcast radio or tv signals.
Random good picture Not show
1. The receiver picks up pulses emitted by the transmitter.
2. They tested the range of this transmitter.
3. The mosquito is a transmitter of disease.
4. The transmitter, the operator said, has already stood by.
5. They live within range of the transmitter.
6. Are we within range of the local transmitter?
7. The transmitter is operating on reduced power.
8. What is the main transmitter of the virus?
9. He activated the door with the miniature sonic transmitter.
10. That transmitter was beamed at Russia.
11. Emphasis was placed on the school as a transmitter of moral values.
12. It's a short-wave radio transmitter.
13. We've picked up his transmitter.
14. I am not an originator but a transmitter. Confucius
15. Wait until a ferret fitted with a transmitter has taken up a fixed position down a burrow.
16. A handset would contain an ultrasonic transmitter and the television fitted with a matching receiver.
17. It is a receiver and transmitter of all energy patterns existing in our physical universe.
18. Each transmitter in each fish emits a different signal(sentencedict.com), explained Vlach.
19. The transmitter offers thousands of radio frequency coded options for maximum security.
19. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
20. In astronomy the transmitter is usually a radio telescope, and it usually acts also as the detector.
21. Kellner's importance as a transmitter of Bach works has of course been long recognized.
22. It must be remembered that once these batteries are inserted into the transmitter they begin to function.
23. Gibson met a clever classmate who had built his own radio transmitter.
24. Odilon Redon questioned the universal assumption that the photographic image was a transmitter of truth.
25. Also, any obstruction such as high ground between you and the transmitter can cause loss of reception.
26. A major improvement was the use of a rechargeable battery inside the transmitter, which was recharged via two protruding wires.
27. Their exact location can be determined by using the line ferret with or without a transmitter fitted to its collar.
28. Here you simply ensure that the mechanical linkage will give more than sufficient control and then adjust the radio transmitter in suit.
29. Wheelchair-bound and other people with disabilities then buy a handheld ￡20 transmitter.
30. These are the companies which made heavy investment in the electronic transmitter cells which now cover 90 percent of the country.
More similar words: transmitted, transmitting, transmit, transmission, smitten, transmute, transmutation, intermittent, pitter-patter, committee, admitted, committed, subcommittee, bitter, fitter, litter, titter, select committee, glitter, fritter, bitterly, embitter, transit, transfuse, transform, transfer, bitterness, transport, transcend, transpose.