Synonym: fetor, foetor, malodor, malodour, mephitis, reek, stink. Similar words: existence, subsistence, consistency, bench, quench, wrench, drench, French. Meaning: [stentʃ] n. a distinctive odor that is offensively unpleasant.
Random good picture Not show
1. The stench of the cellar filled my nostrils.
2. I gagged on the stench of stale urine.
3. The air was filled with the overpowering stench of decomposing vegetation.
4. The stench of rotting meat made him gag.
5. The stench of treachery hung in the air.
6. There was a strong stench of dead bodies.
7. The stench from rotting food is stomach-churning.
8. The stench coming from the toilets was quite unspeakable.
9. The stench of burning rubber was overpowering.
10. For some time after the minister's resignation, the stench of scandal hung over the government.
11. The sickening stench of rotting rubbish rose into the air.
12. The air chokes with the stench of petrochemicals.
13. The stench cut straight through to his stomach.
14. The stench of the skunk seems to last forever.
15. A Manx shearwater colony has a particularly powerful stench.
16. The stench from the sink was almost unbearable.
17. Then the stench of burning bodies fills the room.
17. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
18. The stench of blood and waste sickened him.
19. She became gradually aware of an awful stench.
20. The stench of petrol urged them on.
21. Underneath, faintly, was the stench of sewage.
22. The stench of her breath almost made him vomit.
23. I accustomed myself to the mephitic stench.
24. The stench of low tide hung over the entire area, from the river all the way over to the Five Points.
25. The heat and stench of the converted barn was suddenly unbearable.
26. And a sickening stench of stale alcohol and stale smoke and an awful smell from the lavatories.
27. The stench of rotting, wounded flesh is enough to make you vomit.
28. It was all very violent and distressing to observe at close quarters and the stench really brought it home to me.
29. She could smell the chemical effluent off the agricultural land: she couldn't remember having noticed that stench before.
30. Two days dead, the body was beginning to putrefy and the stench made both Benjamin and myself gag.
More similar words: existence, subsistence, consistency, bench, quench, wrench, drench, French, quenched, penchant, entrench, trenchant, entrenched, enchantment, fasten, listen, potency, distend, glisten, tendency, sentence, listener, listen to, penitence, persistent, nonexistent, consistent, glistening, abstention, ostensible.