Synonym: assert, comment, communicate, convey, declare, express, impart, inform, mention, note, recite, relate, remark, say, state, utter, voice. Antonym: hear. Similar words: tell on, satellite, lately, telephone, telescope, privately, bell, yell. Meaning: [tel] n. a Swiss patriot who lived in the early 14th century and who was renowned for his skill as an archer; according to legend an Austrian governor compelled him to shoot an apple from his son's head with his crossbow (which he did successfully without mishap). v. 1. express in words 2. let something be known 3. narrate or give a detailed account of 4. give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority 5. discern or comprehend 6. inform positively and with certainty and confidence 7. give evidence 8. mark as different.
Random good picture Not show
5. Dead men tell no tales.
11. Time will show [tell].
12. We can not tell the precise moment when friendship is founded, As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over ; so in a serics of kindness there is at last one which makes the heart run over.
17. Did You Want to Tell Me something?
18. I'd advise you not to tell him.
19. Please tell the driver to go slower.
20. My father always used to tell us bedtime stories.
21. Hey, don't tell me what to do.
22. He nudged me to tell me someone passing.
23. Did she tell you her name?
23. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and make good sentences.
24. Please tell me about some interesting.
25. Don't mess with me,tell me the truth.
26. He dare not tell us his evil conduct.
27. You go ahead and tell him that I'm coming.
28. Tell your children not to run across the street.
29. If you wish to lower yourselfin a person's favor, one good way is to tell his story over again, the way we heard it.
More similar words: tell on, satellite, lately, telephone, telescope, privately, bell, yell, shell, well, cell, sell, fortunately, accurately, desperately, ultimately, definitely, spell, swell, hello, yellow, seller, as well, sell out, sell off, deliberately, smell out, smell of, well known, dwell on.