Synonym: chicken, chickenhearted, icteric, jaundiced, lily-livered, scandalmongering, sensationalistic, white-livered, xanthous, yellow, yellow-bellied, yellowed, yellowish, yellowness. Similar words: yell, allow, swallow, pillow, shallow, allow for, follow, hello. Meaning: ['jeləʊ] n. yellow color or pigment; the chromatic color resembling the hue of sunflowers or ripe lemons. v. turn yellow. adj. 1. of the color intermediate between green and orange in the color spectrum; of something resembling the color of an egg yolk 2. easily frightened 3. changed to a yellowish color by age 4. typical of tabloids 5. cowardly or treacherous 6. affected by jaundice which causes yellowing of skin etc.
Random good picture Not show
1. The lectern was draped in yellow silk sheets.
2. Look, double yellow lines you mustn't park here.
3. She wore a yellow dress.
4. If you mix blue and yellow, you get green.
5. Her hair was tied up with a yellow ribbon.
6. Don't park your car on double yellow lines.
7. His coat was plastered with thick yellow mud.
7. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and make good sentences.
8. We papered the room yellow.
9. Yellow doesn't suit me at all.
10. I always suspected he was yellow.
11. His eyeballs were an unhealthy yellow.
12. Her teeth were rather yellow.
13. The yellow curtains contrast with the blue bedcover.
14. The Yellow River rolls on day and night.
15. Red and yellow flames spurted out of the fire.
16. She coloured the pictures with a yellow crayon.
17. I've highlighted the important passages in yellow.
18. Yellow is a cheerful colour.
19. The sun has bleached her yellow skirt.
20. The bathroom is decorated in green and yellow.
21. The walls have been painted bright yellow.
22. We must weed out the yellow flowers among the onions as soon as possible.
23. His tomb was covered with a yellow patina of lichen.
24. He explained the yellow fever epidemic as a providential act to discourage urban growth.
25. There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence,[sentencedict.com] transform a yellow spot into the sun.
26. It was early autumn and the leaves were turning yellow.
27. You can't mistake their house - it's got a bright yellow front door.
28. Love, is the youth frenzy years round of apricot yellow months, fine but hazy.
29. As I opened the scroll, a panorama of the Yellow River unfolded.
30. She tried to create the impression of strong sunlight by stippling the canvas in yellow and white.