Synonym: director, foreman, manager, supervisor. Similar words: enter into, independent, be independent of, tendency, intend, dependent, intent, resplendent. Meaning: [‚suːpə(r)ɪntəndənt] n. 1. a person who directs and manages an organization 2. a caretaker for an apartment house; represents the owner as janitor and rent collector.
Random good picture Not show
1. He became superintendent of the bank's East African branches.
2. As a Chief Superintendent, she outranked all the other police officers in the room.
3. In the US, a school superintendent is in charge of the schools in a particular area.
4. The officer in charge of the case is Superintendent Lewis.
5. The chief superintendent had something else to tell her.
6. The Night Superintendent clapped her hands for silence.
7. Charles R.. Larson since he became superintendent in 1994.
8. What about Bernard, the out-of-control school superintendent?
9. The superintendent wandered over to the window.
10. The superintendent had just been fired for personnel improprieties.
11. Superintendent Warleigh was not far off retirement age.
12. The chief superintendent was pleased with himself.
13. The superintendent gave his secretary some letters to shred.
14. Superintendent Robertson did not care about the mutterings from the lower ranks against her strict disciplinarian attitude.
15. The school board and Superintendent Iris Metts requested a $ 1.1 billion budget.
16. When Dexter met the superintendent twenty minutes later, Blanche stood outside the Inside Out office still chatting to the security guard.
17. He had put a Chief Superintendent in charge and suggested to him that he should liaise with the Royalbion security people.
18. He had found the porter visiting the superintendent nurse in her room, a form of social exchange that was strictly forbidden.
19. Superintendent Mark Whyman said no one had described the initial fights as racially motivated.
20. The desk sergeant contacted Superintendent Misty Hayes and a missing person enquiry commenced.
21. The medical superintendent of a hospital had to be a duly qualified medical practitioner of five years' standing.
22. He was stopped at the airport by an assistant superintendent of police.
23. I am astounded at the comments made by the Chief Superintendent.
24. Newspaper reporters were given nothing but the bare facts by the Superintendent in charge of the investigation.
25. The teacher, Hett, had applied for a job at another school and had listed the superintendent as a reference.
26. Hebden's smile widened to a smirk with the relief of victory: the superintendent was about to leave.
27. He picked up the phone and called the school superintendent.
27. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and make good sentences.
28. His father, a teacher of math and science, became a school superintendent and then a hospital administrator.
29. Note. -There is a separate procedure under section 86 for dealing with complaints against senior officers above the rank of chief superintendent.
30. The board annually will set performance objectives for the superintendent and he will receive bonuses based on how many he meets.
More similar words: enter into, independent, be independent of, tendency, intend, dependent, intent, resplendent, transcendent, intention, intentionally, intermittent, independence, declaration of independence, tender, contentment, contend, extended, discontentment, printed, interim, intense, interior, commander in chief, intensity, intensive, detente, content, maintenance, respondent.