Synonym: dismal, gloomy, glum, moody, morose, sulky. Antonym: amiable. Similar words: sully, bullet, challenged, lens, sulky, blend, result, length. Meaning: ['sʌlən] adj. 1. showing a brooding ill humor 2. darkened by clouds.
Random good picture Not show
1. I was served by a sullen - faced youth.
2. The sullen boy grunted his apology.
3. He lapsed into a sullen silence.
4. He looked up at the sullen sky.
5. The offenders lapsed into a sullen silence.
6. She gave him a sullen glare.
7. Bill sat in sullen silence and refused to eat his lunch.
8. The bar was full of sullen men and hard-faced young women.
9. Sullen but accurate, spiky but efficient: that's it.
10. Bob looked pale and sullen.
11. The girl was sullen and uncooperative.
12. In liquor he became sullen and contentious.
13. They probably thought she was resentful and sullen.
14. He hadn't seemed frightened and he hadn't seemed sullen.
15. Danskin looked at the map in sullen silence.
15. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
16. The bottom lip protrudes in sullen, worried anticipation.
17. A sullen grey July gave way to sultry August.
18. In a sullen silence he lit a cigar and helped himself to a stiff measure of brandy.
19. When he drove home across the bridge, their sullen sunless sky came with him.
20. He becomes sullen toward his wife, and for the first time he roughs up his toddling son.
21. Dick just sat there with a sullen expression on his face, refusing to speak.
22. Much more pressing considerations may produce a sullen acceptance of the existing social order which entails no strong commitment to the statusquo.
23. After a moment Fernand emerged, an expression of sullen resentment on his face and a heavy crowbar in his hand.
24. When at last he succeeded the man was sullen and uncooperative, repeatedly demanding why we had come to Bahdu.
25. His soulless eyes are narrowed and sullen, and his arch goatee recalls an amoral Transylvanian count.
26. Susan's sullen silence, though no-one could fail to notice it, did nothing to dampen anyone else's spirits.
27. His daughters stared back at him with an expression of sullen resentment.
28. All my attempts to amuse the children were met with sullen scowls.
29. The pale woman, bosom exposed(sentencedict.com), is entwined with a dark man wearing a sullen expression and a skull cap.
30. The three boys should have been at school with their ragged clothes, crew cuts and sullen eyes.
More similar words: sully, bullet, challenged, lens, sulky, blend, result, length, consult, violent, lenient, result in, as a result, talented, at length, calendar, insulated, result from, consultant, as a result of, equivalent, alley, bull, pull, Bull., full, valley, skull, killer, alleged.