Similar words: subjugate, conjugate, variegated, gate, agate, negate, mitigate, delegate. Meaning: ['sʌbdʒəgeɪt /-dʒʊg-] adj. reduced to submission.
Random good picture Not show
1. The native population was subjugated and exploited.
2. He has subjugated a male lion.
3. Her personal ambitions had been subjugated to the needs of her family.
4. After having been subjugated to ambition, your maternal instincts are at last starting to assert themselves.
5. Her own needs had been subjugated to the needs of her family.
6. In 1619, the Dutch subjugated the island of Java.
7. Peter firmly subjugated the Church to the State.
8. He was just temporarily subjugated by an evil force.
9. The subjugated population of Messenia tilled the land as serfs, helots.
10. In territory subjugated by the Union Army, slavery was protected and enforced, just as it had been before the war.
11. Which parts of Britain subjugated by the Roman Empire?
12. The rich landowners subjugated the peasants working the land.
13. Some were from worlds subjugated by the Empire.
14. He subjugated a male lion.
15. Therefore Abyssinia was subjugated.
16. Chinese people do not subjugated, but it faces the danger of extinction.
17. The prince had appeared and subjugated the poor little handmaid.
18. Consumer choice will be distorted subjugated to the marketing of brands.
19. As we know,(Sentencedict.com) rule over subjugated peoples is incompatible with the gentile constitution.
20. Like other subjugated Asian nations the Japanese were forced to sign unequal treaties with Western powers.
21. Under the industrial mode of life, humans subjugated in vast quarrelsome patriarchal nation - states.
22. He was correct in so far as our forebears were piteously shattered but quite wrong in thinking that they could be subjugated.
23. I bow my head in shame when I think of the countries we've looted and the people we've subjugated.
24. An island of eastern Indonesia in the northern Moluccas west of northeast Celebes. Settled by the Portuguese (1521-1574), it was subjugated by the Dutch in 1683.
25. During the Dutch colonial administration, ethnic-Chinese were encouraged to assume an economic "compradore" (middleman) role between the Dutch authorities and the subjugated indigenous populations.
25. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
26. The answer is, No , she will not be subjugated, but will win final victory.
27. Hence the questions and the conclusions are as follows : Will China be subjugated?
28. With the ending of matriarchy and the establishment of man's dominance in the society, women's role, known as the "second sex", changed from the ruler of society into the subjugated object of men.
More similar words: subjugate, conjugate, variegated, gate, agate, negate, mitigate, delegate, abrogate, navigate, aggregate, propagate, surrogate, instigate, castigate, promulgate, interrogate, investigate, educated, related, unabated, permeated, defeated, isolated, truncated, emaciated, related to, estimated, decorated, modulated.