Synonym: barrier, fence. Similar words: investigate, gather, gathering, allegation, obligation, investigator, investigation, late. Meaning: [geɪt] n. 1. a movable barrier in a fence or wall 2. a computer circuit with several inputs but only one output that can be activated by particular combinations of inputs 3. total admission receipts at a sports event 4. passageway (as in an air terminal) where passengers can embark or disembark. v. 1. supply with a gate 2. control with a valve or other device that functions like a gate 3. restrict (school boys') movement to the dormitory or campus as a means of punishment.
Random good picture Not show
2. Pull this lever to open the gate.
3. She shouted at him to shut the gate.
4. A white car rocketed out of the school gate.
5. He drove out through the gate.
6. We dragged her to the gate.
7. Fortune knocks once at least at every man's gate.
8. Rex soon became an expert at opening the gate.
9. The gate hinges need oiling they're squeaking.
10. Where is the boarding gate?
11. Gwen lifted the latch and opened the gate.
12. The sentry defended the gate against sudden attack.
13. He turned in his own gate.
14. We went through the gate into the orchard.
15. The painter painted the gate black.
16. The gate is made of metal.
17. She closed the gate behind her.
18. Employees must show their identity cards at the gate.
19. Many poor people gathered at the gate.
20. The side gate opens onto a small lane.
21. He bent his steps towards the gate.
22. Her mates are waiting for her by the gate.
23. I'll wait for you at the gate.
24. He walked as far as the gate.
25. The truck barely skinned through the gate.
26. He came to the gate and vaulted over.
27. The kid was abducted at the gate of kindergarten.
28. The gate bolts on the inside.
29. To open the gate[http://sentencedict.com/gate.html], lift up the latch.
30. A loop of wire held the gate shut.