Synonym: clear, diaphanous, plain, pure, simple, thin, translucent, transparent. Similar words: cheer, cheer up, peer, deer, steer, sheet, heel, pioneer. Meaning: [ʃɪr /ʃɪə] v. 1. turn sharply; change direction abruptly 2. cause to sheer. adj. 1. complete and without restriction or qualification; sometimes used informally as intensifiers 2. not mixed with extraneous elements 3. very steep; having a prominent and almost vertical front 4. so thin as to transmit light. adv. 1. straight up or down without a break 2. directly.
Random good picture Not show
1. The date went sheer out of my head.
2. It was sheer luck that we met like that.
3. He maintained order by sheer force of personality.
4. The bridge is noteworthy for its sheer size.
5. The sheer size of the country makes communications difficult.
6. Our immediate response to the attack was sheer horror.
7. They have gained respect through sheer dogged determination.
8. It is sheer madness to drive so fast.
9. The first six months of marriage were sheer bliss.
10. The ground dropped away sheer at our feet.
11. By sheer luck nobody was hurt in the explosion.
12. He achieved his aim by sheer strength of will.
13. The suggestion is sheer nonsense.
14. Our army was beaten by sheer weight of numbers.
15. I shouted at him in sheer frustration.
16. He reached his present senior position through sheer merit.
17. The sheer futility of it all exasperates her.
18. The sheer amount of data makes the mind boggle.
19. We were amazed by the sheer abundance of food.
20. It was sheer luxury to step into a hot bath.
21. The sheer height of New York's skyscrapers is so impressive.
22. It's sheer madness to go sailing in weather like this.
22. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
23. It's difficult to grasp the sheer enormity of the tragedy.
24. It is difficult to convey the sheer complexity of the situation.
25. The area is under threat from the sheer number of tourists using it.
26. The sheer beauty of the scenery took my breath away.
27. I was amazed by the sheer bulk of the creature.
28. Lying on a sunny beach is my idea of sheer bliss.
29. The orchestra is unrivalled in terms of technical mastery and sheer vitality.
30. Nobody told me where to find you. It was sheer intuition.
More similar words: cheer, cheer up, peer, deer, steer, sheet, heel, pioneer, cheek, cheese, engineer, in the end, volunteer, pioneering, at the end of, by the end of, engineering, wheelchair, in the event of, at the expense of.