Synonym: bed sheet, canvas, canvass, flat solid, mainsheet, piece of paper, plane, rag, sail, sheet of paper, shroud, tabloid, tack, weather sheet. Similar words: meet, see to, fleet, greet, street, see that, sheer, heel. Meaning: [ʃɪːt] n. 1. any broad thin expanse or surface 2. used for writing or printing 3. bed linen consisting of a large rectangular piece of cotton or linen cloth; used in pairs 4. (mathematics) an unbounded two-dimensional shape 5. newspaper with half-size pages 6. a flat artifact that is thin relative to its length and width 7. (nautical) a line (rope or chain) that regulates the angle at which a sail is set in relation to the wind 8. a large piece of fabric (usually canvas fabric) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel. v. 1. come down as if in sheets 2. cover with a sheet, as if by wrapping.
Random good picture Not show
1. A brief summary is given on a separate sheet.
2. She tore a sheet of paper in two.
3. He hammered out the dents in the metal sheet.
4. She spread a sheet on the sofa for me.
5. This type of sheet steel could stand high pressure.
6. Are you OK? You're white as a sheet .
7. She laid a spring mattress under the sheet.
8. The curtains were enveloped in a sheet of flame.
9. Rolls-Royce needed a strong balance sheet.
10. The sheet bears the watermark '1836'.
11. The lake was covered with a sheet of ice.
12. They wrote various numbers on a large sheet of paper.
13. Take a sheet of paper and draw a line down the middle.
14. The blacksmith pounded an iron sheet out to a wash-basin.
15. His sheet was stained with blood running from his nose.
16. There is a sheet of stiff cardboard in the drawer.
17. After the heavy frost the road was a sheet of ice.
18. He reached into his pocket and withdrew a sheet of notepaper.
19. He put a sheet of plastic over the broken window.
20. Toast hazelnuts on a baking sheet until the skins char.
21. The application form was a single sheet of paper.
22. The road was covered with a sheet of ice.
23. I tore another sheet from the pad.
24. Take a clean sheet of paper and start again.
25. I should have simply Xeroxed this sheet for you.
26. Start each answer on a fresh sheet.
27. The sheet flapped and ballooned in the wind.
28. Trace around your template and transfer the design onto a sheet of card.
29. I had no screen,[sentencedict.com][sentence dictionary] so I projected the slides onto an old white sheet.
30. You can make your own distorting mirror by pasting a sheet of kitchen foil to a piece of thin cardboard.
More similar words: meet, see to, fleet, greet, street, see that, sheer, heel, agree to, cheek, cheer, meet with, cheese, in the end, cheer up, meet up with, at the end of, by the end of, wheelchair, in the event of, at the expense of.