Synonym: authorities, government, regimen. Similar words: region, register, regional, from time to time, begin, legit, regain, begin with. Meaning: [reɪ'ʒɪːm] n. 1. the organization that is the governing authority of a political unit 2. (medicine) a systematic plan for therapy (often including diet).
Random good picture Not show
1. The military regime has promised to restore democracy soon.
2. The regime was the very incarnation of evil.
3. The old corrupt, totalitarian regime was overthrown.
3. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
4. His regime was tarnished by human rights abuses.
5. The regime got rid of most of its opponents.
6. The fall of the old regime provided fertile ground for opportunism.
7. The authorities moved him to the less rigid regime of an open prison.
8. The regime has been criticized for failing to uphold human rights.
9. In 1940 a puppet regime was established by the invaders.
10. Any good weight loss regime should not lead to extreme hunger.
11. The regime was fatally weakened by the unrest and violence.
12. He had presided over a brutal regime in which thousands of people had 'disappeared'.
13. Opponents of the regime had been subject to arbitrary detention, torture and execution.
14. The overthrow of the regime was followed by a period of anarchy.
15. The regime ruthlessly suppresses all dissent.
16. All protest is brutally repressed by the regime.
17. The regime is profoundly divided against itself.
18. Most street names were changed under the new regime.
19. The people are held down by a repressive regime.
20. The regime finally collapsed after 25 years of misrule.
21. There has been strong criticism of the military regime.
22. He spent five years in prison for his opposition to the regime.
23. For years the nation had been under the heel of a dictatorial regime.
24. A series of coup attempts and mutinies within the armed forces destabilized the regime.
25. Religious minorities were persecuted and massacred during the ten-year regime.
26. He has become a convenient whipping boy for the failures of the old regime.
27. He could not complain that he was uninformed about the true nature of the regime.
28. For many years, the country had been buried under the apparatus of the regime.
29. The government was accused of covert military operations against the regime.
30. They recognized that the country would revive only if it thoroughly disengaged from the chaos of the old regime.
More similar words: region, register, regional, from time to time, begin, legit, regain, begin with, strategic, regular, legitimate, legislator, pregnant, regulate, to begin with, legislature, legislation, legislative, regulator, regarding, as regards, pregnancy, regularly, in regard to, regulatory, regardless, regulation, time, at the beginning, prime.