Synonym: jibe, joke, pleasantry, witticism. Similar words: equip, equipped, equipment, equipping, quiz, squid, quilt, quiet. Meaning: [kwɪp] n. 1. a witty saying 2. witty remark. v. make jokes or quips.
Random good picture Not show
(1) He ended his speech with a merry quip.
(2) to make a quip.
(3) It was Oscar Wilde who made the famous quip about life mimicking art.
(4) It is encapsulated in Galileo's quip that the Bible teaches how to go to heaven, not how the heavens go.
(5) Old rivalries are barely submerged and every quip has a deadly double meaning.
(6) Suddenly, Mr Clinton was reminded of that quip of Bismarck's, that making laws is a lot like making sausages. Sentencedict.com
(7) That quip, though, makes an intriguing point.
(8) And New Yorkers pride themselves on quick quip or a biting sarcastic remark.
(9) Europe, to repeat the quip of the day , had lost a mistress and gained a master.
(10) So, when do I start? A slightly obnoxious quip. Don't invite yourself into the job.
(11) To quip means to say something that is intend to be amusing or clever.
(12) The quip has gained a frightening new relevance ahead of a "great leap forward" to an economic union that can keep the markets at bay.
(13) With the benefit of hindsight, his quip marked the high point of fiscal fine - tuning.
(14) All through the meal he picked at his food, while Peter ate heartily with a quip about being a condemned man.
(15) He smiled archly, as if he had just thought up this quip he had been making for weeks.
(16) But he was loads of fun to his peers, always ready with a quip or funny story.
(17) My advice is to ride it out, make an occasional smart - aleck quip.
(18) Absorbed in his own thoughts, Tu Hsuehshih did not hear the quip meant for him.
(19) His second wife was fellow star Mary Pickford and in 1919 they joined Chaplin and DW Griffith in creating United Artists, giving rise to the quip that "the lunatics have taken over the asylum"
(20) The same idea was expressed, albeit less nobly, in Otto von Bismarck's alleged quip that "God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States."