Antonym: monarchy. Similar words: Republican, public, in public, publicly, publicity, publication, the general public, publish. Meaning: [rɪ'pʌblɪk] n. 1. a political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them 2. a form of government whose head of state is not a monarch.
Random good picture Not show
1. The republic is a melting pot of different nationalities.
2. He is President of his own self-proclaimed republic.
3. When was the People's Republic of China founded?
4. Switzerland is a federal republic.
5. It is the only republic which has no territorial disputes with the others.
6. He was extradited to Britain from the Irish Republic to face explosives charges.
7. These measures brought the republic to the verge of economic collapse.
8. Andora is a small mountain republic between France and Spain.
9. Some countries have infiltrated their agents into the Republic.
10. The Republic of Panama seceded from Colombia in 1903.
11. After its independence India was proclaimed a republic.
12. Holland and the Republic of Ireland drew one-one.
13. The People's Republic of China was founded in 1949.
14. The declaration proclaimed the full sovereignty of the republic.
15. The republic abuts on the lake.
16. He is the unchallenged leader of the strongest republic.
17. They have declared themselves an independent democratic republic.
18. The Republic of Turkmenistan disjointed from USSR.
19. The Republic is a dominion of the Brazilian people.
20. War was impending over the young republic.
21. The president placed the republic on a war footing.
22. The River Elbe flows through the Czech Republic.http://Sentencedict.com
23. Special duties were imposed on imports into the republic.
24. The Republic was proclaimed in public with great ceremony.
25. The king abdicated his throne(sentencedict.com), and the country became a republic.
26. The Russian Federation declared itself to be a sovereign republic.
27. On 8 January 1959 De Gaulle was inaugurated as First President of the Republic.
28. The French Revolution changed France from a monarchy to a republic.
29. They are moving in a pincer movement to cut the republic in two.
30. Demonstrators demanded full sovereignty for the self - proclaimed republic.
More similar words: Republican, public, in public, publicly, publicity, publication, the general public, publish, publisher, step up, deputy, keep up, keep up with, blink, double, trouble, voluble, reply, sibling, double up, troubled, report, repair, replace, click, slice, oblivious, establish, double back, report on.